chapter 17: heather

Zach didn't care what he was running into or who he would be up against. All he cared was the person getting beaten up and how badly he wanted to help him or her.

"ZACH! WAIT!"

Zach could hear Jack running after him but he ignored him. He didn't want to drag his boyfriend into this, he just wanted to help the victim and get the hell out of here.

Zach's feet pounded the rough concrete road, the only sound in the dead hallway. Zach had ran so fast that he could not hear Jacks screams anymore. The sobs of the victim had gone silent and he could feel his worry rising. His breath was uneven and panting but he continued with all his might, powering by adrenaline. Zach only stopped when he reached the dead end.

Right at the dead end, he spotted a girl lying down, face down and bleeding. Zach ran to her immediately. "Are you okay?", he whispered, reaching his hand for the girl.

The girl flinched but took Zach's outstretched hand hesitantly. Zach tried not to gasp when he caught sight of the girl.

The girl was about 15 or 16. She had beautiful piercing green eyes and a lovely shaped face but it was all covered with bruises and blood. Tears were streaming down her bruised face as she hugged herself, rocking back and forth.

"Hey, there's no need to be scared, I'm here", Zach whispered, trying his best to comfort the girl", whats your name?"

The girl sniffed. "Heather.. "

"Heather, everything will be fine, do you want to tell me what happened?"

Heather was silent for a moment.

"It was a man... I was walking home from a friend's party and he dragged me here by my hair..He.. He asked me for money and I didn't have it so he beat me up.."

Zach was shocked. "That's terrible, do you-"

"Then you came. The man heard you and got scared and ran away.. You saved me, thank you..", Heather continued.

"No need to thank me", Zach whispered.

Just then they heard footsteps. Heather cowered behind Zach in fear. Instinctively, Zach brought up his hands as if to shield her from harm. However, he relaxed when it was only Jack.

"Zach! I was so worried!", Jack exclaimed as he ran to hug his boyfriend, "Don't ever run into danger like that again!"

Zach patted his boyfriend's back reassuringly. "I'm fine baby but Heather is not. We need to help her"

Jack looked around. "Who's-"

He stopped when he caught sight of the beaten up girl. He approached her carefully as if one who approaches a wounded lion.

"Hey...I'm Jack, Zach's boyfriend. Do you think you can walk?", he asked.

Heather sniffed. "I think so"

She tried to get up but her wobbly legs gave way and she collapsed with a groan.

"I'll carry you", Zach offered, "you're in no shape to walk".

Heather only nodded weakly. She was exhausted. Her eyes were drooping and her whole body was aching and screaming in pain.

"We should bring her home", she heard Jack whisper as Zach piggybacked her.

Willing up all her strength, she managed to mumble out. "Its right around the corner, the house number is 708" before passing out.

"Oh my, we need to hurry, she passed out", Jack told Zach.

They found Heather's house in no time and Jack rang the doorbell. An anxious woman, who they assumed was Heather's mother opened the door.

"Oh my gods, Heather!", she screamed, "What happened to you?"

"She passed out but we found her in a dark hallway, all beaten up", Jack answered softly.

"Thank you so much!" The woman sobbed gratefully. Zach carefully placed Heather down into the woman's waiting arms. She immediately cradled her daughter, sobbing. "Who would do this to my baby girl?" She whispered, tears streaming down her face.

The woman looked up at the two boys. "Thank you so much for saving my daughter's life. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"No need to thank us, just take care of Heather. Make sure she's okay", Zach answered.

"I will, thank you so much again", the woman said before turning her back and closing the door, Heather in her arms.

Jack grasped Zach's hand. "Lets go back home"

♡♡♡

This is how I imagined Heather to look like and also I'm back, although my exams are not over yet

This is how I imagined Heather to look like and also I'm back, although my exams are not over yet. I just decided to update since it's been days. -🕊🌿🌫