CHP:-16

Enjoy reading guys

                             ***

(Anika's pov)

"Annie you should watch and run baby. What if you had twisted your leg or I wasn't there to catch you on time!" He scolded me while I made a puppy face trying to act all innocent.

"Sorry Dev, I would be carefull next time. " I promised waiting for his reply.

"Hmm. You better be." He passed a fake glare. I laughed but stopped seeing every pair of eye had focus on us. I found Sona looking at me ..no wait if looks could kill I would have been dead by now.

This is so akward! I thought looking at Dev who was already looking at me with the same expression.

I mentally danced knowing my plan is successful. Yes, I knew Sona had her eyes on Dev and I purposely acted to slip so that I can see if she is still getting affected seeing Dev with another girl and sure she is! That is why she left behind the function , walking out with Shivaay following behind.

I know I'm hurting her feelings but I want my best friend to be happy and I'll do whatever I can to reunite them.

Haldi got over by 2pm. Trust me I love wearing Indian clothes but they are too heavy to handle especially in this scorching sun.

'We need to talk ' ~ Shivaay. I found a note beside my plate. I looked around to find Shivaay looking towards me. He directed me to follow him and this time I did as he said and followed him behind. I found him standing beside tree house busy looking at view infront.

"What's the matter?" I asked straight coming to the point.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked facing me.

"What do you mean?"

"Stop acting innocent Anika. Do you think i'm blind? Do you think I don't know that you purposely acted to fall down! Why did you do that?" He asked looking straight into my eyes.

I bit my tongue knowing nothing can go unnoticed from his kanji aankhein.

"Why should I tell you?" I tried not to sound rude.

"Anika don't start the fight now. Your stupid plan of hurting me and making me jealous you are not seeing that others are getting hurt too. For the sake of god, stop being selfish at one point." He lashed out.

" You saw what I did but did you even gave a thought that why did I do this ? What's the reason behind this? No, you didn't! You are pointing that I'm trying to make you jealous or hurt you! Do you think I'm you? Didn't you once think how would I feel seeing you with Ragini ! Tears started sliding down my cheek. His expression changed from anger to guilt.

"Anika...I..." I showed him my palm asking him to stop.

"I agree that you are guilty for what you did in the past and trust me I've forgotten that and already forgiven you. I guess I had turned too serious in our past relationship and maybe a clingy girlfriend too!" I wiped my tears while a chuckle escaped my lips.

"Admit it's true Shivaay. You can't deny it. In fact I had heard it from my own ears." He looked shocked knowing that I already know the truth.

Flashback...

Next day just few hours before my flight, I decided to meet Shivaay and everyone for one last time. I walked in Oberoi Mansion to find it unusually empty.

"Khannaji where are everyone ?" I stopped him.

"Anika mam, Elders have gone to visit the temple. Shivaay sir, Omkara sir and Rudy boy are in Shivaay sir's room."

"Thankyou." I walked upstairs. I needed to have a word with Shivaay .

I could hear them talking inside. I raised my hands to knock but stopped in mid- air listening my name.

"Shivaay I think you should talk with Anika . I mean she deserves explanation of you all of sudden breaking up with her!" Omkara said.

"What will I tell her that I broke up with her because I was finding her to clingy? " I gasped listening to him.

"Bhaiya are you kidding? Anika di is the sweetest girlfriend I have ever seen." I heard Rudy speaking.

" I agree with Rudra." Om joined.

"I am not denying the fact that she is sweet but..how can I explain now. It's just my work pressure is increasing day by day . She has been nothing but a perfect and understanding girlfriend in this relationship . I think I don't fit in her fairytale fantasy she dreams about. I can never be the Prince she wants me to be. She practically lives in her dream world and I don't believe in these fantasies, I live in the real life and I don't believe in this love and stuffs."

"Then why did you say yes when she proposed you?" Om asked.

" Maybe because I was attracted to her. I mean not just physically but something was different with hr. I mean she has some unique aura around her that pulled me like a magnet towards her. And soon I realised that we are poll apart and I didn't have that feelings for her which she wished I had!" Surprisingly, I had no tears in my eyes this time. I wanted to laugh at my destiny. Gosh! I was so stupid. I didn't even realise that the guy whom I dreamed about having a family with has no feelings for me. Instead I was suffocating him in this one-sided relationship. Without waiting for another second, I walked out of the mansion never looking back.

Flashback over.

"That's the another reason I never tried contacting you Shivaay. You know what, till today I couldn't stop my growing feelings towards you." I looked at him to find him lost in his thoughts.

"Anyways, it's already past 4 and I need a nap before getting ready for Mehendi function. I stood up, See you at night Shivaay." I walked away leaving him with his thoughts.

                              ***

Precap :- Mehendi function.

Any Devakshi fan here? Will Shivika play cupid to reunite Dev and Sonakshi or vice-versa?

To know what happens next, Stay tuned!

      Do read, vote and comment.