Chapter 18

Epilogue

"What did I tell you?" Nigar says, a huge grin on her face. "Nine months to the day."

Meilke just shakes her head before turning her attention to the warm, soft bundle in her arms. She leans down and takes a deep breath, taking in that wonderful baby scent.

"It's my turn," Suna says, reaching for her nephew.

Reyhan watches Nigar, Melike and Suna all melt over her son and she can't help but smile. She can't help but be amazed at the way her life has changed in the past year. Exactly one year ago, she thought her life was over when Cemre blackmailed her into divorcing Emir. But things change. Life changes. The bad are punished and the faithful are rewarded. It's what she always believed and now, she's living her reward. Finally, good is winning.

Another smile comes to her when her uncle rolls his chair closer to her. Time, experimental treatments, a lot of physical therapy, and even more faith has him able to fully use the right side of his body. He's now able to get himself around using a motorized wheelchair similar to the one Suna used to have.

"Did you come out to see your grandson, Dayı?" she asks him, taking his left hand in hers.

"Baba," he says, his speech still limited.

But just hearing that one word from him is enough to make her day. And she corrects herself.

"Baba," she says with a gentle smile. "Did you come out to see your grandson, Baba?"

He still has a ways to go, but she's grateful for the progress he's made so far. Suna brings the baby over and sets him on Hikmet's good side. Unexpected tears prick her heart at the sight. She turns away to blink away the salty droplets threatening to escape.

But just then, a pair of warm arms surrounds her and pulls her to him. She melts into her husband, into the peace and happiness he always brings.

"Are you okay?" Emir whispers in her ear.

"Iyiyim. I'm good," she nods, letting out a contented sigh. "I'm happy. More happy than I ever thought I could be. You were right. Last year at the hospital wasn't an ending. It was just the beginning."

"Everyday will be filled with happiness," he promises. "Everyday will be a new beginning."

She smiles, then kisses him. She suddenly can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

The end.

Thanks again for joining me on this journey! I appreciate all the votes, kudos, and support. I'll be back soon with another story!