III | Funeral Brawl

☂︎︎

☂︎︎

As Five and (Y/N) made it down the stairs to the main living area, Five's eyes trailed to the painting placed directly above the fireplace.

He scanned it with his green orbs, humming to himself thoughtfully as (Y/N) followed his line of vision.

A portrait of himself stood tall, a center-piece catching the eyes of any passerby's .

"Cute." She commented, finding the painting to be slightly charming. Of course, she said it with a pure intention- wanting to somehow cheer up the silent boy.

"Cute?" He repeated, glancing back at the girl with an arched brow. She rose her's back, giving him a similar expression.

Soft footsteps were heard behind the pair, notifying them of a presence. "Nice to know dad didn't forget me." Five spoke up, seeing Vanya approaching from behind.

Vanya looked down, still shaken by Five's sudden appearance. (Y/N) didn't blame her, knowing well it's been a while since she's seen her dear brother.

"Read your book by the way. Found it in a library that was still standing." Five spoke up, facing her completely before shoving his hands in his short's pockets.

(Y/N)'s eyes wandered the exquisitely decorated room, finding all sort of artistic pieces and portraits. "I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. Even (Y/N) managed to read it." He nodded at his sister.

(Y/N) turned, nodding with a soft smile at the woman who glanced her way. "Yeah, definitely ballsy, giving out the family secrets." the teenage boy added, turning back to look at Vanya.

"Sure that went over well." Five narrowed his eyes slightly. "They hate me." Vanya spoke up, making (Y/N) drag herself further off, exploring the busy room. Her (E/C) eyes locked with a family portrait of some sort, noticing someone missing. 'Must be Vanya.' she noted to herself, recalling Five's stories- as well as Vanya's book.

She caught on their conversation about Ben, who was one of the siblings. She read some of his stories mentioned in the book, he seemed to be a good boy. It really was a shame, she felt bad that Five managed to miss out on his sibling's last moments.

More footsteps made their way down the hall as the rest of the siblings gathered in the living room. "We're going to scatter father's ashes." she heard Luther announce, holding the iron jar between his arms.

"Like cute pixie dust, might be the most exciting thing daddy dear will ever do!" Klaus mocked, inhaling the cigar between his fingers. (Y/N) chuckled to herself, feeling a bit out of the question. However, it was fun to observe everyone's behavior. They were all so different, yet it fit perfectly.

Klaus is the crack addict.
Luther is the dumbass.
Allison is the basic bitch.
Five is the know-it-all.
Diego is the hotheaded one.
And lastly, Vanya is the loner.