XIII | Yet Another One

☂︎︎

☂︎︎

After overfeeding Luther with the much needed explanation, the three drove back to the Umbrella Academy.

(Y/N) was laying on Five's bed, relaxing as the boy stood right on it to continue writing the equations on the tall walls. At that moment, he was trying to narrow down the list of people whose deaths might have ties to the apocalypse.

(Y/N) looked up at him, watching him calculate his mind away as he continued to write down never-ending digits and equations. He looked stressed, out of order, and crushed; the boy was obviously shaken after having to explain his past trauma to his sibling. However, he somehow kept his tough act on that (Y/N) could easily read though. "Okay, I think I've got something, (Y/N)." he announced, circling a list of names on his green wall.

"It's tenuous, but promising." Five added, leaning his head back to scan over the list again. "That's great, we can start from there... But, hey, Five." she spoke up, her head leaned on one of his soft pillow. The boy glanced down at her, eyebrow arched, "hm?"

"Remember what you said yesterday while you were getting carried by Luther?" she asked out of the blue, completely confusing the teen boy.

"What? No. What did I say?" Five questioned, looking down at the teasing girl with a puzzled expression. The boy barely remembered anything from his drunken state, hell, he didn't even recall Luther carrying him till she mentioned it.

"Oh? Nothing." (Y/N) smirked, seeing her friend stop his revision abruptly. Five dropped the chalk down on the bed, turning to look straight down at her.

"What did I say?" he repeated, jaw clinched now. He hated it when she knew something he didn't, especially if it's about himself. Her teasing always left a mark on him—leaving an aching feeling in the pit of his stomach. It wasn't like he was angry, there's more to it... he simply didn't know.

"Well, if you'd really like to know..." (Y/N) trailed off to complete silence, puzzling the boy further. "What?" he questioned once more.

Sighing, he dropped down beside her, slightly bouncing the bed as he aggressively stared into her eyes. The girl stared straight back, putting up a fight. "You know I hate it when you do that." Five said, his eye contact sharp as he shifted to tower over the girl.

(Y/N) glanced down quickly at their position, her cheeks slowly but surely blooming with that familiar scarlet color. She shook it off, looking back at the boy's captivating green eyes. "You said, and I quote, 'I'm going through puberty. Ugh... Twice. And you aren't helping.'" the girl mimicked his slurred words, acting it out dramatically.