chapter 14 - the truth behind everything

"Tsukasa!"

"Oh!? (Y/N)!"

"Tsukasa, we were going to take off my Yorishiro... Do you want to come with me?"

...

It's been a couple of weeks since the fake world incident.

Amane, Mitsuba and I acted as if it never had happened, which is for the best. I didn't meet Amane or Tsukasa more than before either.

And of course, along with many other School Mysteries, Amane asked me for my Yorishiro.

-------------------------------------------

"Yashiro, Amane, and Tsukasa... Welcome to my boundary." I play the lullaby on the piano. "Let's do this quick and get it over with." 

Just as I finish, I hear an odd sound. "Wait a minute..."

"Hanako-kun? Tsukasa-kun?" Yashiro gasps out as she sees the two boys shed a few tears. In Yashiro's eyes, it's a weird sight for sure. 

"Alright! My boundary is open for business!" I hop up from my piano stool and pat my brother's heads with a grin. "You two were such crybabies since the day we were born. No wonder I was the best child!"

The two embarrassingly wipe their faces and start following me.

We start walking into my boundary, the music storage room.

...

"SAKURA-CHAN?"

"Oi, Tsukasa. Indoor voices. My boundary, my rules." I then look at Sakura, "Thanks for waiting!"

"How is Sakura here when the only way to get in is to play the tune?" Yashiro asks, being the only sane person in the room besides Sakura. 

"I taught her! She helps me after all, and she's surprisingly good at the piano!"

"Oh... EH?" Tsukasa observes his assistant. 

"I know it's unbelievable, Tsukasa.... but deal with it. Come on, we should get done with what we need to do." 

"Jisatsu-san is correct... And Tsukasa, please get off me.

"Let's see what you have!" Yashiro exclaims.

"Chill, let me take out my keys." I say while taking out the yin yang and piano keychains, still attached to the key. Tsukasa and Amane quietly stare at the keychains.

"But... there's no lock...?"

"Yashiro, right now, patience is the key." I hold out my small piano keychain and press the small button attached to the bottom.

"Woah!"

"It's so cool, right?!" Once I press the button, the light gets dimmer and the room shows a bright yellow key hole on the ceiling. 

"It took me a long time to get all this ready, so if you don't like this, you're dead to me."

I take the ribbons out of my hair and pull myself towards the ceiling. Eventually, I open the door and take out a small, wooden music box with a silver crescent on it.

As I float back to the floor, I observe the box. It seems to be getting old now. The colour is slowly fading, and there are scratches and dents all over it.