chapter 18 - reincarnation + epilogue

[ a / n ] ! THIS IS AN OPTIONAL ENDING !

[ a / n ] if you prefer the ending in the chapter before, that's alright! but for those of you who like teru x reader or a happier ending, this is for you!

- Y/N POV -

"Aww, Teru, just for your information, I'm broke... like, I have no money... AT ALL!"

I spit at his face, still slightly dizzy from the fiasco only a few minutes ago.

Actually, it feels, only a few seconds ago, I was being killed by him.

I want to yell at him and ask him why he went through all the trouble to bring me back to life.

I want to yell at him for going against the laws of nature.

I was meant to die back there.

I'm not meant to be here.

How am I supposed to just accept the fact I've been brought back to life?

But yet, he still did it. And I can't help but feel grateful about it.

"It's okay, I have some money that I got from part time. It will be enough to buy your basic needs, and you can live with us...! We have a guest room in our house, and..." He continues on.

He really thought this through, huh...

"That's- Nice-? I don't know what to say, honestly... Thank you."

The last part slips out of my mouth.

He gives me a smile.

"You know... I'll graduate in a few months. After I graduate, we can think about the future. And in case you don't know, I'll be going overseas for university for four years, but don't worry, Kou will still be here with you, and I'll contact you guys everyday." 

If I'm here, I might as well enjoy it...

"Damn, Teru... I- I don't really-" I stop.

"Wait-! if I'm not a supernatural, does that mean I can't see Amane and Tsukasa anymore...?"

...

"We can test that out tomorrow. Follow me to school, how about it?"

It's not a clear answer, but I'll have to see.

"Okay. Thank you, Teru. I-" Tears start escaping my eyes out of gratitude.

"Don't cry..."

------------------

When I wake up, from looking at the time, school had already ended. Teru is back in his room, studying.

I tiptoe over to him and poke him on the shoulder.

"You're awake."

I see his perfect face move towards my direction.

"Mhm, good morning!"

"It's 5PM. Now that you're awake, let's head to school."

"Sounds good to me."