XI

Five's POV

"I cause the apocalypse."

Those four words escaping her lips causes all of us to stop in our tracks.  I turn away from the arguement that arose within my siblings, and saw Tessa standing there wide eyed.

"It's my fault, isn't it?  That's why you sent me here.  To avoid the 2018 apocalypse?"  She says, tears threatening to fall.  

"No, no that's not possible Tessa, think about it.  How can he even know about you?  This is 1963, you aren't even born for another 39 years!"  Allison says, trying to talk some sense into her.  

This doesn't make any sense.  How would he even know to develop this experiment without Tessa?  The whole practice revolves around her.  Unless... he already knew she was going to be in 1963.

"You're not from this timeline.  Are you, Dad?"  My tone catches him by suprise.  He looks at me, removing is monocle and letting it dangle freely by it's golden chain.

"Ahh Number Five.  You always were one of my most profound children.  You are correct.  I'm not from 1963.  I am from 2018, three days prior to he apoclypse."  He ends his sentence there, lingering on the last word.  He stands up and paces around the table, strolling casually as if he has all the time in the world.

"Well don't be shy.  Finish this lovely bedtime story,"  Klaus says, the sarcastic tone remaining in his voice per usual.  Dad looks at him in disgust.  He always did hate Klaus the most.  He couldn't handle that his boy was flamboyant and sarcastic instead of the dull narcassist he so desperately wanted him to be.

"After my sucess within the experiment, I was contacted by a woman named the Handler four days before the apcolypse.  Five, I'm sure you are familiar with her?"  He asks as a question yet already knowing the answer.  I grimace at the sound of her name.  I really hate that bitch.

"Well, she informed me of the disatrous events that will occur due to the altercations I made within the experiment.  We made a deal that I would exterminate Number Eight personally in exchange for the oppurtunity to research within the Commission and continue my practice on the space time continum.  But, I however did not want to destroy the greatest thing I have ever produced."  

I can practically feel Tessa's anger from across the room.  I make eye contact with Diego as he discreetly starts moving towards Tessa, aware that we are both afraid of the same thing.  She's either going to explode or kill him herself.

"So, I did some research within the Commisson and found the one year that had the lowest field agent reports, meaning that this was the lowest threat level year since 1678.  I figured if I sent you here, the Commisson would not deem you a threat any longer, and the apcolypse within our timeline would resolve itself.  That was only partially true."

Something's not right.  Ever since we were kids back at the academy, he would always tell us to be straight to the point.  'No poppycock.'  All of us were way too familiar with this as he would always bark it at Klaus for talking utter nonsense.  This story is way too long for his taste.

"That did stop the apocalypse in 2018.  But, it just so happened, that it followed you all the way to 1963.  The Commission caught on to it, and sent a few agents to 'get rid of the problem.' Well, the Swedes weren't cut out for the job, so that's when the Handler apporahced me.  She gave me a briefcase and sent me back to 1963 to locate my long lost prodigy, knowing that you wouldn't be able to refuse seeing me once again."  He finishes with a sinister smile.  

Just at that moment, the silver elevator doors slide open and four men with briefcases and assult rifles come barreling through.  Holy shit.  It's a trap.