XVIII

Five's POV

"We have to go now!" I order as I run through the kitchen to get the rest of my siblings. Tessa is sitting at the kitchen table with her head in her hands as Diego stands in front of her.

"What the hell happened?" I ask, the protective tone being more apparent in my voice then I expected it to be.  The sight of Tessa looking so weak causes my heart to twinge just a bit.  I rush over to her once she doesn't say anything. She looks utterly exhausted.

"What did you do Diego?" I ask impatiently after not getting an answer.  She starts getting up from the table, swaying slightly, her eyes fluttering open and closed as though she were trying to bring her vision back into focus.

"It wasn't his fault Five," she says quietly but confidently, "We figured it out."

"Figured what out?" Allison asks from the door way.

"Ben. I can bring him back, but only for a few moments," she says with more strength in her voice. After getting up and moving around for a second she seems to be back to normal, but she still looks exhausted.

"How can you-" I cut Luther off by the urgency of needing to be anywhere else but here.

"Guys we have to go now, they know we're here," I say once again.  The rest of the team looks confused but Tessa suddenly has a sense of urgency in her steps, knowing exactly who I'm talking about.  Pounding suddenly erupts from the front door causing all of us too move quicker.  I mutter under my breath.  Moments later, the door gets torn off it's hinges and two white haired men stand behind it.

"Who the hell are these guys?  Five who'd you piss of now"  Klaus asks, still not fully awake.  Not having time for any of his usual theatrics, I grab Tessa's hand and get ready to jump.  My sibings can handle themselves but I need to get Tessa out of here, nothing can happen to her.  I try to fire up, but everytime I do my power stops short.  Shit.  I'm out of juice.  And I know sure as hell she can't jump right now either.

"Yeah I uh kinda killed their brother,"  Tessa says trying to diffuse the tension just slightly.  You would think that a sentence like that would cause some kind of a shock, but my siblings just shrug it off and move on.  

"Five get Tessa out of here,"  Diego barks as he starts to advance on the bigger brother.  I get infront of Tessa, shielding her best I can, but I feel her try to get around me.  I grab her around the waist and push her behind me again as I back up towards the back door.

"Five let me help,"  she says aggressively while trying to get around my arms.  I watch as Diego and Luther take the large brother and Allison rumors the smaller brother, meanwhile Klaus just sits and watches.  Luther is somehow lying on the floor unconcious while Diego gets beaten senseless.  I feel her restless behind me, but I have to keep her safe.  The apocalypse is more important.

"I'm sorry for this,"  I hear her mumble from behind me and before I had a chance to process it, I hit the floor hard and see her step out from behind me with two kitchen knives in her hand, each one flying and hitting the larger brother in the eyes.  He falls over motionless while mid punch towards Diego.  The smaller brother stops fighting Allison just in time to see his brother hit the floor lifeless.  His hardened expression suddenly becomes infuriated and fixed on Tessa like a predator ready to pounce on their prey.  I immediately try to get up and get in front of her but she pushes me back down with an invisible force, like a gust of wind.  He charges at her, knife raised with the pure intent to kill, but she was too quick for him.

Her arms are flexed and out stretched at her sides, and soon enough every faucet in the house obeys her command and gushes with water that streams through the air like ribbons flowing in the wind.  Except, these streams are nowhere near the delicate pieces of fabric that they resemble, but instead take a vicious snake like form and wrap around the man's throat, suspending him into the air.  My siblings and I just sit there and watch her in shock as he struggles against her watery serpents.  We knew she was powerful but we've never seen it to this extent, it's truly extraordinary.  

Moments later he joins his brother's corpse on the floor, letting out his final breath and his eyes glazing over.  I rush over to Tessa expecting her to stumble like she usually does after exerting so much power, but she just stands there in her fighting stance, her form unwaivering.

"Holy shit Tes!"  Diego yells, a proud expression taking over his face like a dad who just watched his child win an award.  

"Hey, you okay love?" I ask her soothingly as she finally lowers her hands back to her sides.  

"Yeah I feel... amazing?  I don't understand- this has never happened before.  I've never felt this strong,"  she says as she examines her hands as if they weren't her own

"That was the most bad ass move I've ever seen in my life!  You've officially made this apocalypse your bitch,"  Klaus says as he wraps and arm around Tessa, sharing the same proud look as Diego.  

"So what do we do now?"  Luther asks while staring at the two dead bodies on Allison's vintage rug which is now covered with blood stains.

"Bring them outside,"  Tessa orders as she starts walking to the backyard, not even checking to make sure we're following her.  We all look at each other and shrug knowing that whatever she's thinking is probably the best idea we're going to have.  Diego grabs the smaller Swede as Luther grabs the larger one and they follow me to the backyard.

There's two six foot holes in the ground.  Diego and Luther both lower them into their freshly dug graves.  Before Tessa covers them back up, she conjures up two white roses in her hands and places one in each grave, and then waves her hands as the dirt follows her commands and pours back into the earth.  The grass begins to grow on the dirt patches, erasing any evidence of something unusual or homicidal happening in this small suburban house.

"You do realize they tried to kill you right?"  Luther says in a sarcastic tone, questioning her flower making and burial process.  She looks at him in the eyes with a compassionate stare.

"I know.  But they still had a family, and I would want someone to do the same for me one day,"  she says with a somber look.  I rest a hand on her back, just to show her I'm here before I hear the back door swing open.

"Guys, you have to see this, Channel 8."  Allison says mortified.  We all rush inside to see what caught her attention, and what we saw made my blood turn to ice.

"No that's not possibe!  The footage says the apocalypse doesn't even begin for another four hours,"  Diego says with urgency in his voice.  Our eyes dance across the screen as we watch people fleeing and cars being flipped.  Buildings are beginning to crash and the air is already lined with smoke and complete chaos. 

"We weren't the only ones who knew exactly what time this was supposed to take place,"  Tessa says.  The Handler must have known we'd wait to follow the footage, that's why she went earlier.  She wanted to catch us unprepared.  

"We have to go, now."  She says while taking my hand in her left and Klaus' in her right.

"Are you sure you're strong enough to jump right now?"  I ask, concerned for how much power she's been using.  She looks at me with the most confident and positive expression that I've ever seen.  It takes me a minute to realize we're in the midde of a doomsday and I should not been drooling over how much I worship her.

"This is the most powerful I've ever felt in my life.  I'm sure,"  she says as she smirks.  The rest of us link hands as she begins to power up, the light blue glow emitting from her hands, and just like that, we're off to the most important mission of our lives.  What we've been trained to do and fight for, and for the first time since I got here, I can confidently say... we're going to win.