Second Letter

March 2

Dear Drew,

I know after our first meeting, I just left without a word. No thank you. No sorry. No goodbye. I don’t know what has gotten into me that made me left your house and didn’t even bother to wake you up. Maybe because I was hoping that we’ll be meeting each other some other day and I don’t want to run out of words to say. Or maybe I was just too scared to know the consequences of me sleeping out on you.

I remember the day when we met again. I was in school carrying about 5 to 6 books that time. I was looking on the ground and everything went fine until a person blocked my way. The books that I was carrying scattered across the floor. I screamed at that person and got really mad then I just heard some giggling all around me. When I looked up to know why the people around me are giggling, I saw you carrying a bouquet of roses and you were looking at me.

I have to admit this. Instead of being so happy at that exact moment, I got mad at you. I hate being the center of attention. I hate it when my things get scattered. I hate it when people are laughing at me. I hate making mistakes.

But guess what? You changed all those things.

You made me realize that it’s good to be in the spotlight every once in a while. You made me realize that being super organized could be bad too especially if you don’t want people knowing your secrets at once. You made me realize that people don’t laugh at me just because I humiliated myself. It could also be because I said or did something funny, well in the positive way of course. Finally, you made me realize that mistakes could actually make me a better person.

Thank you for bringing me out of my shell. Thank you for destroying the perfectionist and kill joy creature inside me. I know I wouldn’t have done those things if not because of you. So I’m really thankful that you entered my life.

How I wish you’d stay with me forever.

Confessing my heart out,

Michelle