𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑁𝑒𝑤𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠

Lies, lies are a common thing told, a chimerical "reality". As Dakota lay on her bunk she couldn't help but wonder. Is this apart of their game? They said we were free but why do I feel so trapped. If we're free why does it feel like there's a knife to my neck and a gun to my head?

"Kota? Are you alright? I can hear you sniffling" Raven whispered, careful not to wake Nova from the other bunk bed directly across from Dakota's.

"I know we've been here about 2 days but do you ever wonder how they just happened to show up when we escaped and how they showed up the same time with the other maze?" Dakota responded Quickly and quietly. Maybe it was lucky but she doesn't believe in luck.

"They probably got really lucky, I'll admit it's a bit sketchy but they're taking care of us so I will not complain. Hey, at least we have showers now god knows you needed one" Raven mocked with a slight smile.

"Hey! We had showers in the flat" Dakota argued back while smiling.

"I doubt you used it" Raven laughed but was soon cut off once a pillow was flung at her face.

"You're trying to change the subject can you at least try to think-" Dakota was suddenly cut off by Raven's sigh.

"That's your problem Dakota all you do is think, hell you'd be suspicious of your shadow following you if you didn't know any better. I'm going to bed and you should do the same." Raven calmly whispered back before sliding Dakota her pillow back, facing the wall and drifting into a deep sleep.

Dakota's eyelids were getting heavier by the second as she drifted to sleep she knew it was too good to be true.

- The Next Morning-
-
"Aris seems more tense than usual any idea what going on with him?" Lilith questioned with concerned laced in her tone at Maddie . Before she could respond Lilith noticed Athena rushing in the bedroom.

"There was another maze, they've just arrived" Athena rushed out while panting. She wasn't a sprinter in the spring and she didn't plan on starting now. But there was something extremely intriguing about those brown eyes.

"Wonder what took them so long" Maddie commented. Maddie believes that since they got out first that they're "better". Some would call it cocky but that's just Maddie being Maddie.

"And get this I only saw one girl not a single other female in sight" Athena explained while walking over to the sink. Athena splashed water onto her face to cool her self from the running she did. And to cool the embarrassment....

{Flashback}
As Athena walked back from the laundry room , a fresh stack of clothes in her hands she heard loads of commotion coming from the main entrance. Athena decided to check it out.

About nine boys and a girl. Athena tried to get a closer look at them by inching closer but as soon as she moves makes eye contact with a boy with sandy blonde hair .

"Look over there, there's another bloody girl, Hey who are you!" Newt questioned at Athena. Athena panicked and broke out into a sprint. She could hear people calling out to her but she kept running until she burst through the door to her room.

{present time}

"It'd be deeply appreciated if I wasn't the best person in the room, I mean gets exhausting being great all the time" Maddie announced snapping Athena out of her thoughts. Maddie was the head of the sprinters in the spring so she has always had a bit of a superiority complex.

"I think that when you were bitten by that thing in the maze it messed up your brain cells you're extremely wrong Harriet was our best person" Grayce argued from her bunk. Disagreements like this happened often.

"Well where the hell is Harriet? I don't see her. Didn't she leave us here without a second thought? Guess our definitions of "best" is different" Maddie replied before she started to make her way out of the room and to the lunch room. Slowly but surely the remainder of group B started to do the same.