𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑣𝑒𝑠𝑡

"What the hell was that about" Minho shouted at Thomas. To say he was pissed off was an understatement, he was fuming. 'We're finally safe why is he doing this'.

"You didn't really think they were just gonna let you through?" Newt asked Thomas. Now Newt knew Thomas was brave but he didn't think he was borderline idiotic.

"No of course I didn't." Thomas pulled out a keycard he took from one of the guards. Newt cursed under his breath.

"Oh hell" Noah whispered to himself. Everytime Thomas gets curious something goes wrong. Last time he got curious the doors to the maze wouldn't fucking close.

"I'm gonna find out what's on the other side of that door"

"Right" Newt sighed to himself.

"And what're you gonna do after that huh? Did you already plan your master plan in the matter of five minutes Thomas?!" Noah exclaimed, Finally reaching his breaking point.

" Newt, Noah, they're hiding something , Okay? These people are not who they say they are."

"No Thomas you don't know that! The only thing that we do know is that they helped rescue us from WCKD. They gave us new clothes. They gave us food. They gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time" Newt told Thomas.

"Yeah but"

"Some of us a lot longer than others" Suddenly a loud clanking sound was heard throughout the room. Noah looked past Thomas too see what the noise was coming from only to see the vent go sliding across the floor.

"Hey Thomas" Aris spoke from the vent. One by one all the girls (besides Lilith and Raven they wanted to go with)started pushing past Aris to get inside of the bunk. Athena got out last and made eye contact with Newt but quickly averted her eyes hoping he wouldn't speak to her.

"What the.." Minho trailed off. Everything about what just happened freaked him out.

"You got it. Didn't you?"

"Yeah, Lets go"

"Are we just going to act like you didn't come out of our vent?" Noah whispered to Dakota. She just wrapped her arms around his arm in response.

"All right. Look, maybe you guys are right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid ,But I got to find out for sure. Just cover for me. I'll be back as soon as I can"

"We're sorry for invading your room Aris didn't really give us much of an option" Nova announced the boys. Silence complete silence fell over the room.
You could hear every individual heart beat if you listened close enough.

"Why don't we introduce ourselves I don't think we've formally met , names Newt" Soon after the girls started to introduce themselves. And so did the boys.
-

"I remember you from the first night, you must've been a runner in your glade" Newt said to Athena, they had currently been sitting around the table with Nova and Grayce. Once the words left his mouth he saw her face heat up from embarrassment. He chuckled lightly at her current state

"In my defense you guys were a bunch of teenage boys and I only saw one girl....wait where is she?" Athena had just realized she'd only seen the girl once and never saw her after that. Maybe she got called?

"They've been testing on her since we've got here or at least that's what Thomas was told" Newt explained to Athena. She nodded in response.

"Whats going on with those two?" Newt motioned towards Dakota and Noah who were currently playing some stupid game Dakota made up . Athena looked to where Newt motioned to and smiled. She'd never seen Dakota so smiley before.