24

"What's in the bags?" Maggie asked.

"Food, I was hoping to come while you were in class so I could set up everything for you... but that didn't work out," he smiled, giving her a kiss.

"Is everybody back in Colorado?" She asked, going through the bags, getting excited at all the snacks.

"No, they just have not that many fugitives so they said I have a free couple weeks." Leland said, smiling at her face as she looked through the food. "That's also why everybody went to voicemail. They all knew I was coming up, so I told them all not to answer if you called. Which I guess wasn't such a good idea..."

"No," Maggie shook her head. "Not really."

Leland chuckled. "I like the apartment," he said, looking around.

"Thank you," Maggie replied, walking up to Leland and hugging him tight. "I miss this," she said, taking the mace out of his belt and looking at it. Leland smiled, watching her admire the mace. "I missed you," she put it down, hugging him tight. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Me too and me too," he said, holding her tight. "If you weren't getting death threats right now I'd pick you up and put you on the bed but," he sighed. "I don't think it's a good time for that."

She laughed, "sadly."

The two caught up, Maggie admiring all the food he got as he helped her take it out of the bags, putting it all on the counter. "See? I had it all so it was color coded and..." he smiled, looking at the food. "And you were gonna walk in and see the food and be confused and I was going to hug you."

Maggie smiled, grabbing a cookie and hugging Leland. "Thank you."

He took off his belt and vest, setting them on her bedroom desk so they're out of reach from the doorway, but still accessible. They sat down on her bed, turning on the tv and watching it while they ate the food and talked, catching up on everything.

It was after sunset, dark out, the two of them laying in the bed, picking at a bowl of chips. "What's your schedule like this week?" Leland asked.

"Well It's Tuesday. Up through Saturday I'm free because classes were cancelled and so was work, Sunday I was supposed to have classes but they're cancelled, Monday I have off and Tuesday and Wednesday I don't, but Thursday, thanksgiving, I'm off along with Friday and Saturday. It's a very nice week, and I'm thankful that so many professors got sick at the same time."

"Well, for your birthday tomorrow, I am taking you out for dinner," Leland smiled.

"Damn, you remembered."

"Why did you think I came up today?" He asked, giving her a kiss on the head. She smiled, her head tucked on his shoulder, watching the tv. "You have a lot of work to finish?"

"I can probably get it all done in a few hours, I just don't have to do it until next Tuesday," she responded. "I finally have some time off."

"Tell you what," Leland started. "Tomorrow, afternoon, we'll go to the farm because Danny and the others have some presents for you I guess. After that I'll take you out for dinner."

"Okay," Maggie said with a small smile. "That sounds great."