Study Partner

Jack picked out his books from his bag along with his writing utensils.

"Studying at the library again?" asked Legosi when he noticed his friend busy with his bag.

"Mhm," Jack hummed in response

Legosi's hand on the controller stopped as he looked at Jack, "Why don't you ever do that here?"

Jack looked up from his bag to the wolf, "I mean.. With how nois-"

"-HA! Got ya!" Collot shouted as he KO'd Legosi's character off the stage. Voss almost fell over from Collot's head because of the big dog's excited and rapid movements, but he thankfully held on.

Legosi turned his head to the monitor, "H-hey, that's not fair! I wasn't looking!"

"Ain't no reason for me to stop attacking," Collot stuck out his tongue, followed by Voss doing the same thing.

"You.." Legosi squinted hard at Collot as if he was trying to burn him with his stares.

While the two canines were bickering, Durham and Miguno were having their own share of fun at the other side of the room, tackling each other down in whatever game they were playing and being a bit too close than normal.

"C'mere Migs!"

"-Oof!"

Durham pinned the hyena down to the ground with a grin on, "Gotcha!" his hands went down Miguno's side.

"A-ah, heh- no! Hehe.. S-stop!" Miguno couldn't do anything but struggle under him, going into a laughing fit because of the coyote's unrelenting tickling hand.

Jack sighed, "See, this is why. You guys are way too noisy for me to study here. besides, the library just gives a nice atmosphere to study to anyway."

"Oh.." Legosi's ears drooped along with his tail. "Sorry.."

Jack gave the wolf a reassuring smile, "It's okay Legosi, you guys are just having fun." The labrador stood up and headed toward the door, "Well, I'll be going now. Later!"

Jack exited the noisy dorm room, sighing as he closed the door, "Curse you homework, I want to play with them too.." He shook his head and mumbled, "Stop it, me. If I can finish these fast, then I won't even have to stay away for long."

The labrador made his way to the school's library with renewed resolve, and it didn't take him long to arrive. Once he entered the library he quickly went to his favorite corner of the place. It was a nice and quiet spot hidden behind the bookshelves, so most of the time there're not many animals around. Though the "Most of the time" part has recently changed to "Sometimes" because of one animal...

Jack turned around the corner to his favorite spot, only to find a red deer already occupying it yet again, looking like he was deep in whatever he was studying. The labrador's ears and tails drooped, his mouth turning into a frown, "Aw... Louis's already here.."

Not too long ago, Louis had started to use this secret spot to study as well. Yet despite sharing this spot for weeks, they never talked to each other at all. Jack only knew the deer's name because of his popularity, the head of the Drama Club and the to-be beastar.

It was pretty daunting to study next to such a big-name at first, but at least Louis was always quiet and never made any ruckus whenever he was here, so it was as if no one was there to begin with anyway.

Jack walked over and sat at a separate table, not too far from the other animal. He opened his books and started on his mountains of homework. Louis only spared him a glance when he noticed him before returning to his current task.