Introduction

"Vivienne! Dinner's ready!", yelled a voice. Before you knew it, Vie came downstairs as quickly as she could! I mean, it's dinner time! The time when family gathered around the table, shared their highlights of the day and had a good time. Yes, that was it. Well not anymore, not since that divorce, you know. Vie slowed down. "I'm coming Mum". She sat down and took a bite. Now living without her Dad, there was always something missing. When they say you get over something, there's some sort of a lie behind that! The truth is, you just get used to it. He's not around anymore, and she barely sees him. It should've become something normal but every once in a while that lump forms, and it's hard to swallow it down and simply 'let it go'. Oh well.
"First day as a 10th grader! How does that make you feel?", Mum grinned. Vie shrugged. It's first day of school, but not the first one ever! Been doing that since kindergarten! But there's still that weird feeling, seeing everyone again after a long summer! "I know you're nervous!", Mum held her hand. "But it's okay! Just keep in mind that a first day doesn't always mean a first impression of the year". "Yeah I know", smiled Vie. Well she did know that but the truth is, she couldn't really believe it. There is so much going on in school, so many people to deal with, so many things to hear! Briefly, so many standards to keep up with! It felt like a burden, and she couldn't do anything about it. Do you know how much it takes to be yourself without getting so much hate?! Or do you even know how hard is it for a girl to act like a flawless person in every aspect without breaking down by the end of the day?!

She finished her dinner and went upstairs to her room, and simply lied down on her bed staring at the fabulous ceiling that took her mind to places, many places. Such a plain ceiling with such crazy powers! She kind of chuckled at this thought. Suddenly, she saw a shadow passing by. That nudged her! She looked around but there was nothing. She lied down again, slightly concerned. "That must have been my imagination", she whispered to herself. Enough it's time to sleep!
Still that ceiling caught her attention. She kept staring as if she was studying the details of that plain ceiling. She sighed, there is so much going inside her head now! She felt her eyelids getting heavier and heavier, the room was getting darker and everything was swirling around her... But then a piercing voice rang in her ear, and before she knew it she was sitting up straight with wide eyes. Her phone was ringing.. It's midnight! Who is that?! She checked her phone to find out it was Dad. "Dad?", she whispered staring at the light of her phone. Why would he call now at this time? It has been a while. It just felt so weird, not really something that happened every time...
Then she suddenly recognized it and answered hesitantly. "Hello?".
"Vivienne! How are you?", her dad said. "I am fine?", she whispered. "How are you?"
"I'm doing well! How's everything going? How's your mum?"
"She's good. Is everything alright?"
"Yeah yeah I just wanted to check on you"
"Hmm.. Where are you?"
"Still in town!", he laughed. "But not for long! I'll be traveling next week, you know for my job."
"Umm yeah that's.. That's great!"
"Yeah, well it's about midnight.. You should be sleeping now! Goodnight!"
"Goodnight.."
"I love you"
She was silent for a second, as if she was trying to figure out what else she could say.. But really.. There was nothing else to say, or at least nothing she would like to tell. She wasn't really having that urge to say anything.. Because actually, there wasn't anything to say.. Or at least she thought so!

"Me too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading! ^_^ Hope you enjoyed this part!

Much love xxxx
Sugarcoated_moon <3