Planning for Action

Chapter warnings: Mild language

Word count: 1263

-----

"That's impossible." She finally stated as Kun began explaining his plan. "If they took you into custody, they obviously have some proof."

"That's not necessarily true." He argued.

"Even if they don't, they had an arrest warrant, so there's definitely adequate suspicion. It won't be long before they have a full search warrant and completely pick apart your base." Kun sighed.

"I suppose you're right. If only we had someone on the outside who could do the things we needed done. I can't necessarily do anything from in prison." She knew what he was saying. Kun wanted her to follow his orders, insinuating that if she did so, WayV would walk free. Did she even want to do so, though? She had another chance. She could walk out of here right now and-

"I'm on the outside." She found herself saying. His eyes glinted with a look she hadn't ever seen from him, a mix of mischief and malice? The corners of his mouth just barely upturned by a fraction of a millimeter, such that she almost thought she imagined it.

"How convenient. Would you be willing to handle a few things for me?"

"I just said I was out here, didn't I?"

"I'd like verbal confirmation, if that's alright."

"Okay, I'll do it."

"Say, 'I agree to complete the tasks that you, Kun, assign, until a verdict is reached in regards to the cases of yourself and your colleagues'." She stared at him.

"You're kidding."

"You want to help, don't you?" Sighing, she tapped her foot in annoyance, repeating in a snarky tone.

"I agree to complete the tasks that you, Kun, assign, until a verdict is reached in regards to the cases of yourself and your dumbass colleagues."

"Good enough. Now, to start." Her glance shifted in surprise.

"Right now?"

"Time is money, and we're currently losing both. Now, to start, you need to clear out the facility, but not suspiciously so. Leave the bedrooms, board room, etcetera. We'll need quick, discreet, major renovations to the basement in order to hide the jail cells, so instead of going through the trouble, we'll put concrete into the doorway and create a fake room so that the elevator shaft doesn't seem suspicious."

"Wait, you-" She started to ask, already overwhelmed, but he continued.

"If you go into my bedroom, you'll find a removable area of carpet under the left side of the desk. Pull it up and press the panel underneath, it'll unlock one of my desk drawers. In the pile of business cards, you'll find a contractor listed. Call the number, explain what we need done. He doesn't ask questions, mention my name and he'll be cool. It should be done before tomorrow evening, make sure you have everything you need from there, it won't be accessible for a while."

"Hold on!" She interrupted. "I can't remember all of this!"

"Record it- delete it later, of course."

"I can't, the police issued me this phone, it's definitely being monitored."

"Get a new one as quickly as possible. We can't afford to have any information slip. If you fall under suspicion, we're dead in the water." Moving on, he started, "In that same drawer, you'll find the contact information for three separate lawyers. Again, call them, explain, see if they're willing to defend us. Then, pick up the yellow notepad. Skip to page 13, you'll find the PIN code for WinWin's safe. Take it to his bedroom, remove all his bank information. I need you to open new accounts, no more than 200k in each account. Make sure you open the accounts under different branching affiliates as well as buildings. Try not to be on tape too often, it's suspicious. If you can, use a fake name. If you don't have time, your real name is fine." This was becoming quite a lot to handle.

"Past that, we need to agree on a backstory. Remember this very clearly, because if we get our wires crossed, we're screwed."

"I already told them that I ran into you after I ran away from home." Brow furrowing, Kun sighed.

"We can work with that. Here's the story: you go back to the interviewer crying, saying that you feel bad for lying and you want to come clean. He obviously thinks that you're willing to confess to our crimes, so he immediately sets up a meeting. You explain that you're actually a childhood friend of mine, and you were purposely running to us as a means of finding a place to stay. You quickly fall in love with Lucas and the two of you begin dating.

Side note, you have a stalker of an ex-boyfriend. You don't know his real name, as you dated very briefly until you became suspicious of his motives and background. Once he began stalking you, he found out about your new relationship, and targeted Lucas. As he did so, he realized our identities, and began committing murders as a way of scaring you, hence the connections to our names and such. Hendery, unaware of the situation because of the speed of events, believed that you committed these actions and went out to confront you. He was armed only in self defense. From there, we were arrested. Understand?"

Her head was spinning with the amount of information Kun expected her to recall. The contractors, the lawyers, the backstory, it was all so convoluted. She trusted his experience, but she was getting herself into some deep shit. In addition, the fact that she had to pretend to be dating a now dead man was sending her stomach into turns.

"What about the boyfriend's details?"

"Those are up to you. It's not suspicious that we don't know the details of your love life, you and I have been out of contact for a while. Just make sure you're consistent in regards to it. In addition, please relay this to all other members of the party, quickly- before the guard comes and escorts you out."

"But I-"

"No time for sentimentalities, go. We'll see you soon. In the meantime, I'll let them know that you've arranged for a lawyer. I trust you, okay?" She looked to him, and then to Ten, both staring at her intently with just a glimmer of hope. Sighing, she walked away, searching each cell for the others. They must have spread them out enough that someone could hear should they start conspiring.

The first ones she came across were WinWin and YangYang. They were muttering to each other, clearly planning something that she couldn't quite make out. Coughing loudly, they turned to her, eyes widening twice as drastically as her first acquaintances. They both started talking at the same time, asking what she was doing there. She explained very briefly of her situation.

"I was one hundred percent convinced we were done for." WinWin commented.

"Thanks for your faith."

"I mean we did kidnap you-"

"Yes, I'm aware. Listen, I don't have much time." She explained to those two, recounting the story very briefly to be sure they were aware of the important details. They agreed quickly, begging her to do whatever Kun said. They were fully convinced in his ability. Once she was done with them, she said quick goodbyes. Looking around, she couldn't fund Xiaojun or Lucas. They had to be alive... they just had to. She couldn't live with herself if her naivety had gotten them killed. Unable to locate them, she assumed they were in a hospital somewhere.

That only left one person to talk to...