Vendetta

Chapter warnings: Mild language

Word count: 1520

-----

"Miss Y/N, we've been informed by the defendants that... you are in charge of organizing their legal committee?"

"Yes, that's right." She said over the phone. She had since bought a new one, of course, with Kun's money, but there was no reason the court or the police department needed that information. Speaking one the old one, they were trying to sort out WayV's affairs. She was unsure as to whether they had any evidence, but it seemed like they were expecting an open and shut case.

"So, you'll be seeing to finding them a lawyer? You have the option between a private firm or an appointed attorney."

"I'm handling it."

"Understood. Could you please put the court in contact with them as soon as possible so that we may begin proceedings?" Apparently as celebrities they had the right to a much earlier trial than she had expected.

"All information will be traveling through me until further notice."

"I see..." The person on the phone seemed concerned with this. "I suppose we'll work the majority of it out in person with the shared evidence meeting. How do they intend to plead?"

"Not guilty." The secretary paused.

"Sorry, I think you're breaking up..."

"I said that Kun, Ten, WinWin, YangYang, Hendery," she took a breath. "Lucas and Xioajun are all pleading not guilty." There was a silence.

"I... We'll recount this at the meeting. Your date with the other attorney is in two weeks. Please make sure yours is present. If not, you concede your right to see their case evidence. Understood?" She agreed, thanked the person, and then hung up the phone. Two weeks. She had two weeks to put together a legal case. The lawyer Kun had recommended mentioned that he would work on the case, but not to call him again until a search had been through the house. If they found something suspicious, it could throw off their entire plan.

As expected, they soon arrived. It had actually taken them longer than she predicted to come up with a search warrant. Even more to her disdain, the interviewer had showed up. Was he some sort of detective? It would be difficult to convince him of anything new should she slip... She'd have to watch her step.

"Ah. Miss Y/N." He said as she answered the door. "I see you completely disregarded my advice to leave this place."

"Yes, sir. There's a reason I left home, and I find no troubles with residing here, besides it being lonely, that is."

"I see. Well, we have a search warrant," He stated bluntly, holding up a paper. "Do you mind if we take a look around?" She had no choice, obviously. It was a bitter, fake politeness.

"Of course. Would you like me to give you a tour while your-" she looked to the bulky, uniformed men behind him. "Colleagues search more thoroughly?"

"That would be appreciated, thank you." She took him in towards the elevator, mentioning to the other men that she'd prefer if they didn't break any locks. She made sure that they knew if something was locked, they could come ask her for the keys.

"So, this is the elevator, although we have staircases on either side of the building." Taking him in, they started at the top floor. She showcased the conference room, the offices, the bedrooms, the kitchen- it was all very mundane. He actually touched very little, assumedly leaving it to his men to deal with. As she was explaining the pleasantries generally associated with dinner in their household, he cut in.