Lover of Mine

Sherlock was surprised to hear two pairs of footsteps coming up the stairs. Mrs. Hudson had gone to bed long ago, so that left John and (Y/N). That couldn't be right; John had planned to walk back with her after dinner. If they were back early, that meant they had taken a cab.

Which meant that John's confession had been rejected.

Sherlock couldn't help the hope that flooded his heart. He held Elliot against his chest as the toddler slept soundly, waving once the two entered the flat. "How was dinner?" he tried to ask as casually as he could.

"Dinner was fine," (Y/N) replied, glancing at John, who gave her a nod. "Um, Sherlock, I was hoping we could talk. Alone."

Sherlock nodded and stood, handing Elliot off to John. He followed (Y/N) out into the hall and shut the door behind him. "What did you want to talk about? Having any more nightmares?" he immediately filled in the silence.

She chuckled and placed a hand on his chest. Sherlock quieted down, ready to listen. "Sherlock, you've been kind to both Elliot and I the past few months..." she bit her lip as she thought how to phrase what she wanted to say. "Um, John confessed to me, and I turned him down because I like you." it came out soft, but Sherlock heard it. And his heart fluttered.

The only other times he remembered his heart beating this fast was when he was with her. He was over the moon; is that how that phrase went? Nonetheless, Sherlock smiled and took her hands in his.

"(Y/N)," his voice was just as soft. "You won't believe how happy I am to hear that." the smile on her face was lovely, and it made his smile grow. "I like you too."

The two stood there in silence, reliving the moment in their minds. (Y/N) was the first to act as she brought Sherlock into a hug. He hugged her back, and when she pulled away to apologize for it being so sudden, he silenced her with a kiss.

Her breath was caught in her throat as she registered what was happening, and slowly her eyes closed and she kissed him back. Her heart was pounding, and she was sure his heart matched. When he pulled away, they had goofy smiles on their faces.

It was silent once more before (Y/N) spoke up. "As much as I'd hate to end this, Elliot and I should be heading down for bed."

"Right, of course." Sherlock shook his head. He opened the door and the two stepped inside from the hallway. John had been sitting with Elliot on his lap at his laptop, working on the next blog.

"Thanks for watching Elliot," she told the boys, to which they replied with the fact that it wasn't a problem.

"Goodnight Uncle John and Sherl." Elliot waved and she chuckled, bidding them goodnight as well before heading down the stairs. Once they were gone, Sherlock turned to John.

"How did it go?" John asked before he could speak.

"Great. It went great." he couldn't help his smile before it turned into a frown. "You're not angry, are you John?"

The detective's worries were washed away once he saw John's smile. "Of course not, mate. That's how life is. Besides, you've been there for her in more ways than I have, and Elliot really likes you."

That caused Sherlock to laugh, and John laughed with him. "Thanks John." he spoke softly, giving the doctor a hug.

Shocked, John still nonetheless gave his best friend a hug before they headed off to bed.

You're the only thing that I think I got right

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N: Helllllo~! Thank you for reading CALM so far! I apologize that this chapter is short, but it *is* a filler chapter unfortunately. I've written out the last three chapter outlines, so I'm hoping that the next three chapters are longer than this one. 

Speaking of which, we are getting close to the end of this story. And don't worry, it will have sort of a happy ending. That's sounds really cryptic but you'll understand when we get there hopefully.

Once again, thank you for reading CALM!

Until next time,

~Em