two.

Tamia looked down at her son as he opened his mouth wide and looked at his mother. She held his toothbrush up towards his mouth and began to brush his teeth. Some days he was able to brush his own teeth, but not when she was in a rush.

"Mommy, I wanna do it." He groaned and spat the toothpaste foam out.

"Not right now," Tamia shook her head. "I'm going to be late for work and you're going to be late for school."

He nodded without a word and gurgled his grape flavoured mouth wash into his mouth and spat it out. He grinned, showings teeth in the mirror and jumped off of the counter.

Tamia grabbed the brush and some leave in conditioner and spread it all over his head. Jaiden looked into the mirror and smoothed out his batman t-shirt with a light smile.

"I look handsome, don't I?"

"Yes, you do," Tamia laughed and looked down at him. "What's with the cockiness this morning?"

"I don't know." He shrugged and ran out of the bathroom to grab his toys.

Tamia sighed heavily and ran her hands through her curls. She made her way to the window where her clean aprons were and stuffed one into her purse.

"Put those down and let's head downstairs for some breakfast." She held the door open for him and watched as he ran out of the room and down the stairs. Her legs moved quickly as she followed him down the steps and into the kitchen where her mother was seated.

Mary held a hot cup of coffee in her hands and looked down at her grandson as he came running into the kitchen.

"Thank you, mama" She took her cup of coffee and took a large gulp, ignoring the burning sensation in her throat. She grabbed aa chocolate chip muffin from the tray and took a huge bite.

Jaiden grunted and slipped into the high island chair and grabbed his spoon. He thanked his grandmother and began to dig into the cereal.

"This is why you should stay. For times like this." Mary exclaimed.

"No, mama." Tamia groaned. "I already got the place. Besides, you'll still be Abe to babysit him whenever you can, right?"

"Of course."

Tamia nodded and looked down at her watch. She swore under her breath when she realized that she only had five minutes to get to the bus stop before the bus came. And, it wasn't that much of a close walk either. Especially with a nagging four year old that could barely keep up.

Sadly, her car needed a few changes with the engine and her playing around with the wires weren't doing much anymore. She thanked her father for teaching her how to take the cheap and easy way out, but her car was in need of professional help.

"Okay, Jaiden, we gotta head out to the bus stop now and get you to school."

"Okay, mommy."

He jumped off of the chair and ran around the table to hug his grandmother. She kissed his cheek and watched as he ran to the door.

"I'll call your uncle and a couple of people to help you move some of the things into the house."

"Thanks. I'll be back at four or five." She waved at her mother and helped Jaiden put his jacket and bag on. He held her hand tightly as they walked out of the house and made their way to the bus stop down the street.

"Mommy, are we gonna be moving today?"

"Yup," Tamia smiled. "And, I think we can put your bed up today."