Unapologetically Me

Self hate, a form of depression conquering the modern society. This is dangerous, contagious, unable to cure without the help of oneself. It all begins and ends in one's mind. You give the power, and look at it, controlling you, destroying you. It creeps your mind, like a vine. The deep- seated feelings of you being the outcast, you being the vulnerable one. Maybe once the well adjusted, well bred one, what happened to you? Why overthink, why degrade, why dehumanize? 

You look at the mirror with your depressive lens. Look at your face. The once plain forehead, wrinkling up. How about straightening it? Lips forming a downward semi. How about a smile? (frowning takes up more facial muscles anyway). Facial lines deepening as though age is a betrayal. How about relaxing up a bit? The once helpful hands lying on each side helplessly. Why not use your hands to wipe the tears, lest conceal yourself. Why become your worst enemy, when you can be your own strength. 

I have come across a hand few of people in my life, with this reproach towards themselves. I, myself, have this self devaluing persona. I learnt, for a fact that, you have to pick yourself up, have some dominance over you. You have to fight the inner demons, get out of the four walls. Smile, laugh, please yourself, accept your opinions first; not temporarily, not a facade, but with the reality sucked deep into you. Loving yourself is a rebellious, revolutionary act. There goes a saying: "When you realize your self worth, you'll stop giving people discounts". This is one truth, which needs to be embedded deep.