𝟎𝟎𝟒. this school is so sexist

❛ she remembered who she was and the game changed ❜

IT WAS AN UNDENIABLE FACT THAT THE CHILDREN FROM THE UPPER EAST SIDE WERE GROOMED FOR NOTHING LESS THAN PERFECTION. Her future felt as though it was already determined, and there was no running from it. There were plenty of benefits to being the children of the fabulously wealthy. The toxicity of the elite can suck every piece of individuality and feeling of being alive out of a person. 

No one was safe from it, the hierarchy was too large for anyone to escape it. Audrey knew she wasn't the only one who is affected, she could see the light fading out behind people's eyes.

The same pit in her stomach that she hadn't felt since she had been away having come back to become her constant companion, from when she woke up and when she went to bed. While constant change washed around her, Audrey's life remained very much the same. Still stuck, locked, in her own mind, without a key to escape.

Audrey lay awake hearing the distant sounds of the rest of the family waking up, she relaxed into the comfort of her plush mattress and the warmth of her old patchwork quilt. The quilt was one of the few things that the young girl had that belonged to her birth parents, it had been made by her mother when she was just a baby.

The young girl decided that it was time to get out of bed and she headed straight to her bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face before she got ready for the rest of her day. She threw on her altered version of the Constance uniform with her Dior coat to combat the chill that seemed to be settling over the city in the morning.

She positioned herself in front of her ornate vanity apply the light amount of makeup that she wore most days. She felt as though she was an imposter living on the Upper East Side so she didn't want to feel as though she was wearing a mask.

Just as she started to combat her unruly brunette hair, she heard her door opening and when she spun around in her chair she was greeted with the sight of Gia, who was doing her routine of ensuring that all the Larson children were awake. Audrey was normally the one she would have spent time convincing in getting out of bed.

"Señorita Audrey. You're up very early this morning." Gia smiled teasingly as she moved around the girl's room cleaning up the mess that littered the young girl's floor.

"It's the last day of Ivy Week, Gia. Only the weak sleep in on such days." Audrey joked as she finished applying her blush to her cheeks. "Also how many times have I asked you to call me Addie."

Gia had a steady figure in the girl's life ever since she first came home. Gia was from El Salvador and had provided an environment that allowed Audrey to continue to speak Spanish in her home. Though she knew she wasn't as fluent as she had been when she was a little kid, she wanted to get back in touch with her heritage.