𝟎𝟎𝟕. i am a lady in waiting to the queen b

❛ nature is bent on a new beginning and death has not a chance of winning ❜

IN A CITY WHERE APPEARANCES ARE EVERYTHING, A MASKED BALL SERVES AS THE ULTIMATE PLAYGROUND FOR THE RICH AND POWERFUL. Audrey didn't know it until that night, but masquerades weren't really her thing. She's not a fan of not being able to recognise anyone, nor is she a fan of the entire mask situation. She already felt as though she was concealed under a figurative mask in her everyday life but at this ball, she was literally masked.

The city's social elite were able to act as their worst selves when under the cover of elaborate masks and elegant disguises. The grand ballroom, nestled high above the city's labyrinthine avenues, has been transformed into a realm of mystery and allure, where secrets are whispered, and the ordinary fades into the extraordinary.

The concept of a masquerade ball in a modern setting seemed archaic to the young girl, but she was fascinated by the ways in which the echoes of history meet the rhythms of the present throughout the balls. She was glad that the ball was themed allowing her more freedom with what she was allowed to wear ― her angel-inspired outfit was a breathtaking vision of ethereal beauty.

The gown was made from the finest satin, that cascaded down in soft layers that bellowed with every graceful stop, there was a high slit up the side of the dress that added to the movement. The intricate lace and delicate pearl accents on the dress's bodice, created a shimmering effect against the pale fabric resembling a sky full of stars.

It was her angel mask that made her reservations about the masked ball fade into the back of her mind. The mask that her mother had designed was a breathtaking masterpiece, crafted with meticulous attention to detail.

The mask's intricate network of delicate silver feathers traced graceful patterns across its surface, evoking the celestial wings of divine messengers. A cascade of pearls and crystals adorned teardrops hung gracefully from the mask's lower edge, while a sheer veil, draped gracefully from one side, lending an aura of mystery to the young girl.

"This going to be a hellish experience isn't it?" She whispered, to her date as they climbed the steps up into the grand ballroom.

"Yes, but since when weren't any of these long boring affairs hell on earth." Elliott muttered, with his arm firmly locked around hers.

"As long as we have each other we will always be the entertainment just for ourselves." Audrey stated, fiddling with the intricate lace on her mask that remained in her hands.