Chapter 2: Scouting Mission

Jack and Arcee had finally made it back to base at Outpost Omega 1 where Arcee and Jack see standing on the catwalk were a grown up Raf now 18 and a grown up Miko now 20. Raf now wears a lab coat and dress shirt and black pants with a red tie, Miko now having her dream of becoming a rock star her wardrobe stayed the same but with the addition of a studded leather Jacket.

Raf and Miko see Arcee and they greet her on the catwalk, of course they are asking questions about Bumblebee and Bulkhead. In which Arcee tells Raf that Bumblebee is now a lieutenant for the Cybertron Police Force and Bulkhead went back to construction but now is the head. A few hours had went by and June Darby and Agent Fowler came by to see Arcee. Everyone was sitting around eating some take away dinner and getting everyone up to date with what they were up to and what had changed on Earth and Cybertron within the last five years.

Everyone went there separate ways and went home all but Jack Darby who decided to stay the night with Arcee, he set up a hammock next to her recharging station where they will embark on there new mission tomorrow.

Jack woke up and looked at his phone in which the time was 7:00am he looks over to Arcee who had just woken up as well.

Arcee: Good morning Jack did you sleep well?

Jack Darby: Surprisingly yes, who would have thought that by sleeping by you I would have the best sleep I have had in five years.

Arcee giggled to herself and so after Jack had had his breakfast and morning coffee Arcee and Jack reported to Ratchet who would debrief them on their mission.

Ratchet: Good morning to the both of you, lets get right to it. So Raf and I over the weekend have discovered a location of another possible relic that came to earth several thousands of years ago a reformatting module.

Arcee: Wait there is a reformatting module? here, on earth?!

Ratchet: That would be precise Arcee.

Jack Darby: Wait what is a reformatting module?

Ratchet: Jack a reformatting module is a Cybertronian devise that as in the name states reformats. By that meaning that it can change anything to what it has come into contact last so for instance lets say you had a pencil but you wanted to make it a pen. You would put a pen in contact with the reformatting module so that it records the desired outcome and then you would place the said pencil in there so that the pencil is then reformatted into the desired pen.

Jack Darby: So if by anything it could turn anything into energon  if that was the last thing it came into contact with?! We need to get our hands on that thing before Starscreams Rebels get to it first!

Ratchet: My thoughts exactly Jack, Arcee I will send you both through a skybridge to the general search area from their I will give you the readings as you go along.

Arcee: Copy that Ratchet, come on jack lets ride.

Arcee then transforms and Jack jumps on and puts his helmet on. Ratchet opens the skybridge and Arcee and Jack zoom into it where they then come out into a heavily dense forest.

Ratchet: Okay from what the readings say the pair of you need to head north about 100 feet and then from there just look around or dig for it.

Jack Darby: Copy that ratchet over and out.

Jack and Arcee pull out their weapons just in case they may come into contact with any hostiles and they proceeded to head in the direction Ratchet had told them to go.

Jack Darby: Hey Arcee I know what we are looking for but do we know what it looks like?

Arcee: Not really but you can tell when something is Cybertronian tech so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Jack Darby: Fair point Arcee.

After walking for a few minutes Arcee and Jack stumble upon a quite large metal rectangle in a ditch covered in moss that could only be described as the size of a fridge. Arcee approaches it and rubs off some of the moss when it activates and starts scanning.

Jack Darby: Wow Arcee what is it doing?!

Arcee: It appears to be scanning of sorts Jack calm down.

It locks onto Arcee and begins scanning her, she freezes scared because she was unaware of what it was scanning her for. Once it was finished scanning Arcee, Jack approached it and put his hand on it as well and then it started pulsating. Arcee had then realized what was happening and tried to warn Jack.

Arcee: Jack don't it's!...

Jack Darby: Arcee what is it doing?!

In a matter of moments a huge explosion happened of pure energy that was so bright it was as bright as a nuclear explosion. Arcee was flung against a tree which then fell over because of the force and weight of Arcee. Once the energy had cleared Arcee looked in horror at the massive crater which had formed with smoke inside of it caused from explosion. At the moment she didn't care about the reformatting module she was just worried about Jack. Arcee starts calling out Jacks name, Arcee starts hyperventilating when she can't find him and starts breaking down and crying believing that he had blown up from the explosion.

Arcee: I have failed I am a terrible partner. First Cliffjumper and now Jack, I haven't even been back for a week and he is gone. What am I going to do what am I going to tell ratchet?!

Ratchet on Comms: Ratchet  to Arcee come in Arcee. I'm getting readings of a huge explosion in your area is everything alright down there?

Arcee: No ratchet the formatting module is gone and so is Jack too.

Ratchet on Comms: What?! No, Arcee please tell me what you're saying isn't true.

Arcee: I cannot find him ratchet and I fear the worst.

Just than Arcee hears some thing come out of the crater but she cannot tell what it is due too the smoke all she hears is grunting. She recognizes it as Jack but when he comes out of the hole Arcee is nothing more than shocked as to what has happened to him.