First Tip For Writing Poetry!

I just felt like dropping this for anyone who would find an interest to read them! ;)

I'll be dropping one everyday, until I reach ten tips!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are writing a poem because you want to capture a feeling that you experienced, then you don’t need these tips. Just write whatever feels right. Only you experienced the feeling that you want to express, so only you will know whether your poem succeeds.

If, however, your goal is to communicate with a reader — drawing on the established conventions of a literary genre (conventions that will be familiar to the experienced reader) to generate an emotional response in your reader — then simply writing what feels right to you won’t be enough. 

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll be open to any!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TIP:

Tip #1 Know Your Goal.

If you don’t know where you’re going, how can you get there?

You need to know what you are trying to accomplish before you begin any project. Writing a poem is no exception.

Before you begin, ask yourself what you want your poem to “do.” Do you want your poem to explore a personal experience, protest a social injustice, describe the beauty of nature, or play with language in a certain way? Once your know the goal of your poem, you can conform your writing to that goal. Take each main element in your poem and make it serve the main purpose of the poem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tip #2 will be dropped tomorrow. The title will be: Avoid Clichés!

| The Balladry Awards |

~ Bube.The.Writer