Seventh Tip For Writing Poetry!

Any question? Feel free to ask, I'm open to any question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TIP:

Tip #7 Create A Tiny World

When you’re writing poetry, your job is to engage the reader’s senses. You paint pictures for their imagination, encourage them to feel certain emotions, and can even engage their other senses like smell or taste through your descriptions. 

In another way, your poem gives the reader a window into a tiny world you’re creating.

When you’re building your poem-world, think about how all the different elements work together. Are they playing nice or are they creating tension because they don’t belong together? How these elements interact can help create the tone of your poem. For example, if your poem features two dogs sleeping happily together in front of a fireplace, there’s a good chance your reader will feel happy and comfortable (rather than scared, angry, or sad).

You can also think about whether you’re giving the reader all the details they need to imagine your world correctly. For instance, if the scene you’re painting is damp and dark, you’ll want to include descriptive words that help your reader imagine the image you have in your head. The same is true if you have people in your poem. What are they doing? Where are they going? How are they feeling? Including these details can really help your poem come to life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this helps!

Next one will be up tomorrow. I'll drop it early, that's if I don't get busy.

| The Balladry Awards |

~ Bube.The.Writer.