Thinking and Thinking

After the phone call with Griffin and a brief moment of self reflection. I turned on the car and exited the parking lot. I felt my tummy rumble and decided to stop by the cafe to get some food for Griffin and I.

I was still adamant about going home, the whole situation has been emotionally draining. I want to focus on school and my future but my life felt like a tide that kept pulling me further and further from my goal.

Maybe a relationship isn't ideal for me during this time. I feel like I'm loosing more of myself each day.

I sighed and got out of the car.

I walked in and felt relieved that Zach wasn't in there sitting in a booth. I went up to the register to a kind lady who I haven't seen before.

"Hello, what can I get you today?" She asked me.

"Uh hi! Yes, may I please have two BLTs with two bags of salt and vinegar chips please!" I began to fumble with my wallet as she typed in the order.

"Will this be to go sweetheart?"

"Yes, to go please."

As I handed her the cash she eyed me up and down for a brief moment.

"Darling you look tired. Please don't take it personally, but I think you need to give yourself some time to heal." I looked at her with surprise. Could she really see how emotionally drained I was?

"No, it's okay you didn't offended me. You're right about me. I'm just figuring some stuff out right now."

"Your order will be ready in 10, but I hope you figure it out, trust me getting to my age is a blessing. I wish you the best."

I gave her a small smile and returned her comment with a soft thank you. I walked over to the counter and waited patiently. Once I got my order I walked out only to run into someone.

Zach.

"Oh hey Hannah Bear nice to see you again." He said with a smirk.

"Zach get away, I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now." I scoffed as he took a step closer.

"C'mon H, lets eat together. What do you have there? Anything for me?" He reaches for the bag.

"No!" I pulled me arm away. "It's for Griffin and I, now get the hell out of my face." I stormed off as he laughed.

"I know all your buttons Hannah, mark my words, you'll be mine again."

I quickly got into the car, I did some deep breathing and tried calming my shaky nerves. I may come across as confident but the little girl inside of me was scared. I'm sensitive and soft hearted. But sometimes I have to put on a suit to appear confident. As a woman, I have to protect myself.