《Chapter 7》

I got up to the sound of the door opening. I looked up to see who had come in and I regretted it. There standing at the door was my dad. I was so mad at him and so.....disappointed that I didn't even respond or even ask him why he came in. I just Stood there. He then asked "What's wrong sweetie?"

What's wrong? "Why do you care?" I asked angrily. "Because you're my daughter of course." He replied so matter of facticly which only made my heart hurt more. "Oh really?" I say sarcastically. "I'm your daughter?" I ask. "Yeah. Why?" He asked annoyed. "Then, can you explain this?" I showed him the recording and started playing it.

"I never-" he began but i interrupted him.  "Dont lie to my face...." The more he lies,the more it hurts. "Did you know that.....I thought that you cared....but really you didn't. You never did. You paid Lila so much attention that you forgot that you even had a daughter. I felt invisible. Still, I never complained. Even when Lila hit me and would give me all the housework to do. "I paused and looked at him and he looked like he finally understood. It was like he was under a spell and that spell seemed to wear off.

"You said you loved me...but in the end you just stabbed me in the back saying that I was just a brat and that you wanted to get rid of me...." Tears gathered in my eyes by now and were threatening to fall but I kept going.

Im not strong. I'm weak. I'm broken.

"Am i really that much of a nuisance to you? Do I really mean nothing to you?" I ask. My voice sounded broken and helpless at the end.

He didn't respond. He never uttered a word.

I expected too much didn't I?

"If you really want to get rid of me so badly then.." He wants to get rid of me. Then I will do it.

"I will grant your wish. I'll leave." I say which makes him shocked. I went to pack my bags without waiting for him to respond. I packed my drawings and pictures and everything else that belonged to me in my backpack. After that I head to the kitchen to grab some food. After stuffing the food intk my bag i head to the door.

I was about to leave when dad suddenly approached me. "Look...Jenny...I'm sorry..I.." He stopped midway. "You what? "I ask with my eyebrows raised. "You never cared in the first place. All you cared about....was Lila.." the last part made me want to cry. "Since you care so much about Lila then go spend your time with her. This is what you wanted isn't it?" I say yelling a little.

I ran to a bench near a tree and let a few tears slip from my eyes.

You did the right thing.

He doesn't care about you.

He only cares about Lila.

The facts hurt.

I took out a pillow and blanket and set it out on the bench to form a bed. I lied down on the pillow and covered myself. I took out jeremy's teddy bear and mumbled "I miss you so much Jeremy. I really do. I miss your silly jokes and your comforting hugs. I miss how we use to have fun together. Now I'm alone. Without you and mum I feel so alone. Dad changed." I look at the dark sky.

"I wish you were here. You'd tell me what to do. You'd help me. You'd comfort me." Memories flooded my mind. Memories of when he use to protect me and advise me. "I will find you Jeremy and mum.I will find you. One day..." I say.

I hold the teddy bear tightly and fall asleep.

The next day

I woke up in the morning stretching. I got up from my "bed" and decided to get ready.

I used a public toilet nearby to change and wash up. After getting ready I went to school. I met Alya as usual and I avoided the the topic about me crying the whole day and I mean the whole day. I dodged everybody by either running away from them or hiding somewhere. And if they did find me I just lied to them and said that I had to go.

I don't wanna talk about it. It's embarrassing that I cried in front of them and.....I guess I'm just not ready to talk about it.

I met Alya at the gate and she examined my face. "What happened yesterday? I was so worried!" she exclaimed. "I'm sorry....A lot happened yesterday and...I guess it was too much for me..." I apologise. "What happened?" She asked softly. I was hesitant but decided to tell her anyway. I have to man up.

"Why does he want to get rid of you?!" She asked. I wonder that too. "Maybe it's because I'm just too much of a nuisance to him.." I say. "No way! You're an angel!" I laugh. "Or maybe it's because of Lila."

I could see how bad she felt. "I'm so sorry." She says. "Huh? For what?" I ask confused. "You have to suffer so much yet here I am enjoying life without any problems." "Its okay. It's not your fault." I say smiling.

"I wish I could help you in some way.." she says guiltily. I think about it and an idea pops into my mind. "Hmmm...since you wanna help me..could You do me a favour?" I ask. "Really?" She says immediately. "What can I help you with?" "I need you to accompany me to school tomorrow If that's okay with you?" I ask. She nods. "What for though?" She asks quizzically. "You'll see." I say grinning.

"Hey! I wanna know! Please!" She says childishly. "If you don't I won't help you!" She threatens. I laugh. "Your threatening me? You offered in the first place!" I say. "Did I?" She asks innocently.

"Okay okay I'll tell you." I say. "I'm gonna examine the picture and the envelope in the lab." "Alright. I will ask my mum go pick me up a little later tomorrow. Anything else I can do for you?" She asks. "None...as yet." I added the last part when I saw her disappointed face.

"And where are you going to stay?" She asks. "If you want you can stay at my house." She offers.
I never think about that.....

Where am i going to stay? I don't want to bother Alya...

I was busy thinking when an idea pops into my head. There is a person who I can stay with! That person is....

Authors Note

Hey guys! It's your terrible author! It's been long. I've been busy with school but I made the Time to update for you guys.

Anyways.....

What do you guys think about this chapter?

Who do you think this person is?

What do you think about the following characters:

Jenny

Her dad

Lila

Alya

Also what is your favourite colour? I'm curious!

Mine is blue! Who agrees with me?

Anyway, vote and comment!

Love you guys!

xxxxxxxx

♡♡♡♡

Laaiqah