Snake Lake Island

As Harry was coming back from work, he saw a package on his porch. He was confused for a moment, until he picked it up and his eyes widened with excitement - it was Draco's birthday present. And right on time too, as Harry came home from work at around 8 pm, and Draco's birthday was the next day.

"Darling!" Harry called as he pushed the front door closed with his foot. "I'm home! Come downstairs for a sec."

Draco ambled down the starecase with a yawn. "What is it, scarface?" He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and then continued, "What's the box?"

As Draco walked closer, Harry set the box down and hugged Draco's waist with a sweet kiss to his ear. "Know what tomorrow is, blondie?"

Draco suppressed a ticklish giggle, and responded, "Hmmm... the fifth?" With playful, feigned ignorance.

"Mhm," Harry had planned to pull back, but continued peppering kisses to the older's cheek, muttering "And what's the fifth?"

"A Thursday," Draco was being gently pushed to the couch, all the while pretending to not know what Harry was talking about. He let himself be pushed onto the couch, closing his eyes against the pleasant little kisses. He hummed, "Harry..." before squeaking with a childish giggle as Harry tickled his side.

"It's your birthday, silly."

"I suppose it is," Draco kissed Harry softly. "And what of it?"

The tanner man picked up the box and set it on the table. Draco cocked a brow, "What's this?"

"A gift," Harry pushed it towards him. "Open it."

Draco did as he was instructed, and opened the box, taking out a smaller box, which he read aloud.

"Nin..." he murmured, "Nintendo... switch lite? Is this like, a light fixture?"

"No," Harry chuckled. "It's a muggle's game system. Open it all the way," he got some scissors to help them cut the tape. It opened up to reveal the handheld device, which was a light green with grey buttons. The back had a little snake engraved in it.

"A gaming system... oh, yeah, you have one that looks kind of like this too, don't you? But yours is black and red," Draco turned it in his hands.

"Mhm, and there's a game in there. One we can play together," Draco's eyes lit up subtly. He'd been given gifts before, extraordinary things, expensive things, but never with the intention of being used with another person. He quite liked the idea. Draco took out what looked like a dvd case.

"Oh, how cute," Draco cooed in a very un-Draco like fashion, "The little dog is wearing a hat! And, a raccoon... hm," He read, "Animal Crossing, New Horizons... I think I've heard Granger mention this at tea before."

Harry smiled, it pleased him to see Draco intrigued by muggle culture. "Once you get your island up and running, we can visit each other."

"Island? As in, I run an island?"

"Yeah, that's exactly right."

Draco smiled, "Harry, I know you didn't come by this easily. Let me pay you back?"

"No, a gift is a gift. It wasn't that much anyway." Harry kissed Draco's head. "You can pay me back by playing with me."

Draco popped in the game and started it up, and Harry went to the kitchen to make coffee. He went to get a shower, grab his own console, and when he came back, Draco was intently smiling at the device. Harry snuck up behind him and kissed his ear, then his shoulder.

"What do you think?" He smiled.

"This is so charming," Draco grinned. "I quite enjoy the little raccoon brothers, they remind me of the Weasles."

Harry laughed, "Rude, but I see your point. Who are your villagers?"

Draco showed him the screen, "This little cat called Rudy, and a pink deer called Fuschia."

"Oh, how cute! I started with a bear called Teddy and a horse called Reneigh." Harry started up his game. "You can get up to ten villagers. I've got six so far, Teddy, Reneigh, Ribbot, Bangle, Chrissy and Bruce."

Draco layed his head in Harry's lap. "I'm about to name my island," he smiled. "But first, tell me yours."

"It's called Lion's Island," Harry petted Draco's hair. Draco laughed in surprise,

"Great minds think alike. Mine is Snake Lake Island, as I've got a winding little lake going through the mainland."

Harry moved the game aside and kissed Draco softly, which he reciprocated happily. "I'll help you get your island started. Happy early birthday, love."

"Thank you, Harry. I love you,"

"I love you too, my spoiled snake."