A Little Relaxation

A Drarry Agere story that was requested forever ago. ♡♡♡

Harry opened the door to his apartment, sighing and running a hand through his hair tiredly. It had been a day full of desk work; when he was younger, he thought being an auror would be more fun. Setting his case down, he noticed paper littering the floor. After a moment of confusion, he realized what had caused it - occasionally, due to stress, Draco would regress; that is, he would go into a childlike state of mind to take a step away from stressful daily life, and instead have a few hours or perhaps a day of pure, innocent fun.

In this headspace, Draco liked nothing more than three things; coloring, Harry, and being a brat. Harry followed the trail of papers, some of which had drawings, and some had little bits of writing scribbled down. They lead him to the bedroom, where Draco was sitting on the bed. He knocked lightly on the door,

"Drake? Is someone having a little day?"

The blonde turned around excitedly and smiled - a happy, child-like smile that made Harry melt.

"Yes! C'mere, show- I made you a drawing!" Draco began to scramble off the bed, but Harry walked over and climbed up with him, pulling Draco to his chest.

"Alright, let's see here. Is this a hypogriff? Very good, love." He kissed Draco's head, rubbing his back. "These are lovely, darling. But you know you shouldn't color on the bed. What if you lose a crayon?"

"You'll buy me a new one!" Draco grinned.

Harry laughed, "I don't think they sell singular crayons, dear. Cmon, up we go." He lifted the Slytherin with ease, and carried him to the kitchen. "Have you eaten?"

Drsco shook his head, "Forgot." Harry made him a sandwich with a side of chips.

"Here you go darling. Make sure you eat well, okay?"

"Mhmm," Draco began to eat his food. Harry smiled at him, gazing at the sweet boy before him. It was such a simple thing, a little switch in his brain, but he looked different. Softer looks, bigger smile. He looked happier when he regressed.

Harry's eyes caught a glance of green poking out from under his shirt sleeve. He furrowed his brows and reached forward and gently grabbed his elbow, rolling up the long sleeve sweater he'd stolen from Harry, and noticed his pale skin was covered in marker.

Now, Harry had a few rules for when Draco regressed - make sure to eat, don't make a mess, no candy before lunch, and no coffee too late at night. These rules were to make sure that, when he regressed, he was safe and happy. One of these rules was, 'no drawing on yourself', because he had sensitive skin.

"Love," Harry said gently, but firmly. The blonde ducked his head, already aware he was in trouble.

"Yes, Har-Bear?" He cooed sweetly, trying to get off without getting in trouble. Harry's heart swelled with butterflies and he fought his smile down, aware if he gave Draco an inch, he'd take a mile.

"What is this?" He gently touched the marker ink. It was dry.

"Umm, I made you a drawing." Draco gave Harry puppy eyes.

"You know you're supposed to draw on paper, love."

"We ran out of paper."

"Draco," Harry said a bit firmer. "You know the rules, baby. What if you broke out? I was at work, love. You could've had a reaction."

Draco looked down at his lap with a pout. "'M sorry..."

Harry's vision went practically rosy. He scooped the Slytherin into his lap and kissed his head.

"Merlin, I can't be mad at you." He hugged Draco's waist and pet his head. "Let's get a bath, little one."

"Okay," Draco cuddled into his chest. He carried Draco to the bathroom and set him on the counter, kissing his cheek.

"Stay, mister." He poked Draco's nose lightly, then left to get some clean, warm pajamas and a towel. He returned to the bathroom where he turned the tub on to fill up with warm water.

"Bubbles?" Draco piped up. Harry smiled and added a few drops of foaming soap that created lilac-smelling bubbles. While the tub filled, he walked over to the counter and stood between Draco's knees, pressing lovey kisses to his ear. Draco giggled.

"Arms up, darling." He unbuttoned Draco's shirt and raised it over his head, lying it on the floor. He then wiggled off his pants, which were covered in crayon residue, and laid those aside as well. He pulled Draco to his chest and pet his head, sighing softly and happily. He loved Draco dearly.

"Bear," Draco murmured.

"Hmm?" Harry rubbed his back.

"Too many bubbles."

"Oh, shit," Harry shut off the faucet and chuckled. A few bubbles slid down the side of the tub. "Mkay, up we go." He lifted Draco off the counter, undressed him the rest of the way, and set him gently into the tub. Draco grinned and his cheeks turned light pink with happiness.

"Too hot? Too cold?" Harry kissed his nose.

"Is good," Draco leaned into his kiss. Harry grabbed a washrag and began to lightly scrub the marker away. When the ink disappeared, he began to scrub the rest of his body. Draco closed his eyes in bliss. When the washrag scrubbed down by his belly, Draco squeaked and jumped.

"Draco, stay still," Harry chuckled.

"Tickles," Draco smiled. Harry slowed his hand so that Draco only squeaked and giggled a few times.

"Lean back, love," Harry put shampoo in his hands and rubbed them together before running the cream into Draco's hair. If he was happy before, he was positively moony now, feeling Harry rub his head lightly and then rinse the bubbles away. He nearly fell asleep, and only opened his eyes when he felt Harry pick him up and set him onto the counter.

"Mmh," Draco rubbed his eyes. Harry dried his skin with the warm towel and brushed his hair out, then blow-dried it.

"C'mon dear," Harry dressed him in the warm pajamas and scooped him up, carrying him to bed.

He set Draco down carefully and covered him with the blanket. He was already breathing softly and his face was relaxed. Harry got undressed and crawled into bed with him, pulling him to his chest.

"Mmh," Draco hummed sleepily.

"Shh, go to sleep, love."

"I love you," Draco snuggled him.

"I love you too," Harry kissed his head.