016. where's korra?

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐈 buried my face into my hands and groaned tiredly; probably amidst a mental breakdown as far as I could tell.

It's been about 10 hours since Asami, Bolin, Mako, and I have been arrested. Being in jail sucks. I can't believe I lasted this long in this little room without going crazy. I was laying down on my cold metal bed, when suddenly, the door gets ripped off. 

I quickly sat up, flabbergasted, as my eyes had met with Chief Beifong's, who stood at the doorway wearing a simple black coat over her metal uniform. As the shock I had diminished, I took in her newly determined aura, much better than since I last saw her when she had been covered with bruises and slight injuries. I smirked, impressed. "You look good."

"Thanks; hope you got enough beauty rest," she replied with her usual sarcasm, dropping the door to the ground as if it were a piece of garbage. "Come on, I'm busting you out."

"Thank the Spirits," I groaned in relief, stretching my arms a bit. She suddenly threw a container at me, which I thankfully managed to catch on time. My lips tugged into grateful grin, noticing the container had been my keychained mini-flask those stupid officers snatched from me when I first arrived here.

I quickly attached it to one of the loops of my belt and said, "I really owe you one, Chief."

We walked over to Asami's cell and busted her out. She quickly hugged me, making me chuckle and we all walked down the hallway towards Mako and Bolin's cell. Beifong metalbending the door off, revealing Mako, who was covering his ears and Bolin in the corner. . .oh!

I quickly hovered a hand over my eyes with embarrassment right as Mako's eyes widened at the sight of us. "Asami! Katrina!" 

Her lips tugged into a grin and ran into his arms, enveloping each other into a short kiss. Bolin yelped, his cheeks flushed with bright crimson. "A little privacy, please?!"

"It's so good to see you guys again," I chuckled as the couple pulled away from each other. "Even if we were separated for literally ten hours—"

"Hate to break this reunion," interjected Beifong at the doorway, folding her arm. "But Korra's in trouble. Amon captured her." 

The smile that had formed upon my own lips dropped. I turned around and stared at the stern woman with a somewhat confused expression, waiting for her to perhaps exclaim, "Just kidding", but I unfortunately knew too well that she wasn't that type of person. Her painful words suddenly strucken me right into my head, then jabbed deep into my heart.