LILLIES AND ROSES-CHAELISA

It was a quiet day of November, and a blue 1967 Chevy Impala was driving freely on an S-curved road. It was a nice car, on a nice road, during a nice day. Almost too nice to be real, some will say.

The girl behind the steering-wheel was lost in her mind, almost driving on automatic mode when a loud horn brought back her attention. She made a sharp move to get back on her lane, as the truck in front was crossing by her fuming.

She looked back in the wing mirror, the truck getting lost in the beauty of the countryside. She sighed and focused back on the road. She had been driving for the last hour and half, and taking this road again brought back a lot of memories, of her tacking this road in that same car but being in the passenger side with a hand on her thigh as she's singing carelessly to some generic pop song on the radio with a loud laugh echoing in her ears, as a light pressure is add in the hold on her thigh.

Both of them happy to go and see their lost dream house, the lost old one in the countryside with its lilies and red roses garden in front of the porch, mixed like a symbol of them.

But those days were long behind and today, as Chaeyoung parked her car in the alley, the lilies and roses were almost all gone in the chilly weather of November, replaced by the brown live-less leafs lying on the ground.

This scenario didn't tarnished the beauty of the house, the rustic visual that made them fall in love at first sight with the house, and the blue painted wooden door that was somehow bleached by the sunlight of the past summer, adding to the nostalgia of the moment.

Her eyes were fixed on the door as she exited the car, grabbing her luggage and making her way to the door.

The instant her hand reached for the bronze doorknob, her mind drove back in time in that same house.

*** Around two months and a half ago ***

It was the end of a hot summer; Chaeyoung was coming back from the little town near their country house her arms full of groceries for their last days here.

She founds a very tired Lisa lying on the couch; she seemed in pain as she was climbing onto her stomach. Chaeyoung dropped the bags on the table and went to her lover worry written all over her face.

"Is it giving you a hard time today babe?" she asked softly, caressing her forehead clouted with drops of sweat. "It looks worse day by day."

Lisa whined a little, nodding. "I'm nauseous today, I'm fighting to not thrown up right now."

Rosé sighed, "If I was a man, I would swear you're pregnant... you're always nauseous lately. Did you eat anything today that must explain your stomachache?"

Lisa shook her head no, "I'm not hungry, and you know that."

"Yeah, but you must eat something, you've been losing weight lately." She stated.