Chapter 6

Holden Baker wasn't what you would consider the stereotypical football star. He worked his ass off to make quarterback by sophomore year and he didn't bully other students like some of the other players did. And since Reese was the troublemaker, everyone at school knew Holden as the "good" brother. During Christmas break he texted me asking if Deep Division was willing to play at his party. He said we would only be playing for about 2 hours to give the DJ a break but that was fine with us. In the meantime, we were able to go around and enjoy the party. The only issue was, the guy who roofied Ski was Reese Baker, his brother.

After Sky beat up Reese at our party, Holden confronted us looking like he could've killed. He apologized after we explained what happened and he asked us not to call the police; even tried to pay us $500 to keep quiet. As much as we wanted to keep the money, it was ultimately up to Ski and she decided that as long as Holden told his parents as well as kept Reese away from us, she wouldn't go to the cops. Beth and Sky were pissed at the idea.

"He drugged you. Did you forget that?" Beth yelled.

"Obviously not." Ski stated.

"The fucker belongs in a cell." Sky had his hands in fists.

"I just don't want to get the police involved. I don't want to make it a bigger deal than it already is."

"But it is a big deal. If we weren't there then-"

"But you were there. You punched him until his nose broke. His face has been messed up since and now the whole school knows what he did."

"That's not enough." said Sky.

"His friends don't even sit with him at school anymore."

"Serves him right." said Beth. Ski was right though. Reese really seemed shunned from the whole school. I couldn't be one to talk because obviously it didn't happen to me. It was conflicting, I wanted her to call the cops because if he's willing to drug one person, he's probably willing to drug more. We don't even know if Ski was the first. On the other hand, she really seemed like she didn't want to involve the police...but I've heard so many stories of women staying silent...I wasn't sure what to do.

"Just leave her alone." said Kita, removing me from my thoughts. We all turned to face her.

"She'll go to the police if she feels like she needs to. If you force her to do it, what makes you better than him?" Ski gave her a relieved smile and the two agreed to let it go for now.

"But if he tries shit again, I'm going to the cops whether you like it or not." Sky said. Even now, I wish I could've seen the events that were about to unfold. I never would've accepted the invitation if I had been psychic.

The party was a blast for most of the night. Everyone was drinking and getting high, the Bakers also had a huge pool in their backyard that people were swimming in. This time, we stayed as a group, we used the excuse that we had to be able to find one another when it came time to go perform but as the night progressed, we became more and more lax. We hadn't seen Reese at all that night so I guess we had assumed that he wasn't there. It was nearing 1:00 am and we were about to go on but Ski, Beth, and Dirk were nowhere to be found. We searched through the crowds and found Beth talking to Holden.

"Beth, where's Ski?" I asked.

"What?" she asked, the music was so loud she could barely hear me. I got up close to her and talked into her ear.

"We can't find Ski."

"Oh she's with Dirk." she said, a little louder.

"Do you know where they went?"