Chapter 1: The Cullens

"Olivia."

The black haired raised her head from her locker, the blond boy hugging her lightly. 

"Hi Mike," she greeted the one year older boy, smiling up at his blue eyes. His basketball jacket was draped over his shoulders, and he glanced at the girl who just walked past him. "Still into Lauren?"

"Nah, kinda wanna focus on school and basketball for now," he shrugged, before looking at the girl again. Mike Newton, despite being a Junior, never hesitated making friends with lower-grades students. The friendship between Olivia, a sophomore, and himself, was running for a year now, and he was never a huge gentleman about their friendship.

"Good for you, Mikey."

"You going to the prom?" he wondered suddenly, snapping his head towards her, and she raised her eyes from her schedule. She loathed first-days and having to memorize new times for new classes.

"Grammar, Mike," she huffed jokingly. "I don't know," she sighed, taking her Physics book from her locker and shutting it. "Peter never asked me to it."

"It's in a week though," Mike noted as they started walking. People greeted both of them every few moments, and they basked in the glory of popularity in high-school. "Shouldn't he take you? I mean, you've been dating for months now."

Olivia simply shrugged, and turned to Mike. "Maybe we should go together," she noted as she stopped. 

"Okay baby," he mocked. "Let's go on a date first though."

"Who's going on date?" a deep voice asked, making the two turn to look. While Mike was carrying chubby cheeks from childhood and oceam-blue eyes, Peter had brown eyes and a long face. 

"Mike and I," Olivia smiled charmingly at her boyfriend. His arm snuck protectively around her waist. 

"You know you're speaking with your boyfriend right now?"

"Well, I really wanna go to prom and I don't wanna go alone," she released herself from his grip and walked inside the classroom. Peter looked at Mike, who simply shrugged.

"She's your girlfriend, my man. Good luck."

Peter walked after her, and found out she sat next to someone already. They were already engaged in a conversation, and he sighed. He noted that she was playing with her Ankh necklace. It meant she was annoyed.

"Hey, Lana, mind letting me sit next to Olivia?"

"Sure Peter," the brunette grinned, freeing the spot next to the girl. 

He slid into the chair, and looked at the girl silently for a moment. "What did I do?"

"You never asked me out."

"We've been dating for ten months," he laughed. "Did you expect me to go with anyone else?"

"What about an outfit?"

He shook his head, moving a strand of hair away from her face. "You'll still be prom queen in a jeans and a t-shirt. My t-shirt, by the way. Not any fancy shirt you own." He smiled. "You'll be a beauty queen, actually, in a potato sack. Now, may I kiss my girlfriend?"

She smiled, nodding and allowing him to kiss her lightly. "So, when am I picking you up?"

"You're not."

Peter looked at her like she was insane as she smiled widely. "Wh--"

"SILENCE," a voice called loudly, "in my classroom."

Olivia shrugged, imitating a lock motion on her lip. 

::

"What do you mean you'll let me know if we're going together?" Peter wondered again.

She simply waved and smiled at the cheerleading squad captain, who blew a kiss in her direction. "You look amazing today, Oli!"

"Thanks Jenna!"

"Can you please talk to me?" Peter asked again, annoyed with the interaction already. Olivia sighed, walking into the principal's office. The receptionist raised her glance from the computer, smiling at the pair.

"Olivia, you're just on time!" she smiled, nodding. "Peter, what are you doing here?"

"Ms. Cope, maybe you could help us." Peter smiled his charming smile, the one that made Olivia's heart race anytime. 

"Of course, Peter. What is it?"

"Stop bringing my poor neighbor into our private matters," Olivia joked, even though she knew Ms. Cope lived through her petty drama. Peter grinned, but put his arm around Olivia's waist once more.

"You see, Olivia and I will be celebrating our ten months anniversery the night of the prom," he told her, "and Olivia here, was waiting for an invite to prom, as though I will ever take another girl."

"Didn't you make plans for it though?" Ms. Cope wondered.

"He asked me when he should pick me up," Olivia informed with a tight smile. "Today."

"Mr. Waters," Ms. Cope gasped. "That's quite rude."

"Okay, so we won't go together?" he asked. "Are you for real?"

"I dunno, I'll let you know babe."

"Who will you go with?"

"Maybe with someone from the new family that's coming here today," Olivia smirked. Peter laughed. He scratched his eyebrow, looking at his girlfriend.

"Kiss?" he asked, and she nodded. His lips touched hers lightly, before she quickly pushed him off, turning her head to the side.

The first sneeze came just when Rosalie Hale entered the office.

"I've never seen you sneeze before," Peter noted, offering her a tissue hurriedly. The unfamiliar faces all glanced at the couple and the receptionist with piercing golden eyes. Another sneeze followed, and Ms. Cope stood up. 

"Olivia honey, maybe you have a cold?" Ms. Cope seemed worried. "I've been your neighbor since you got here, and I've never seen you sick."

She shook her head, but Peter wrapped his arm around her shoulders, offering yet another tissue as she sneezed again.

"I've never been sick before," she managed, before sneezing again. 

"Maybe you're allergic to something?" Peter asked.

"To you being a jerk?" she laughed, sneezing again. 

"Hello," a calm voice disturbed the silence. The trio turned, suddenly realizing the new family is inside the office. "We're the Cullen family."