Editing FLOOD Part 1 (Ch 1-35) + Survey

As of August 28, 2020, part one of FLOOD is complete, folks! But it's the draftiest draft to ever draft, and so I must make plans to do the very adult thing: expose myself to criticism, take it, and use it to clean my child up into a better tale. It's a scary endevour, but I want to see what I can get out of it.

Since I'm one of my biggest critics, I've already come up with a list of things that I need to "do something" about. Up to an including:

1. Cut out Cora liking Simeon (dead end)

2. Adding chapter titles

3. Creating/researching material for an "Extra Content" segment after every chapter that connects to some part of the applicable chapter. (Notice I ran out of ideas for that REAL quick)

4. Edit chapters marked with "*" (screw that, edit ALL chapters!)

5. Edit dialogue by characters based on how they act in later chapters.

6. Put more effort into making dialogue of Delphiri merfolk like Poldark dialogue.

7. Research high school assignments.

8. Edit Darwin and Thomas's school schedules.

9. Create a map of Delphirius.

10. Better description of Delphirius's hierarchal structure (who's in charge? Kuma? Yeda? A council?)

11. Describe how employees are recruited and vetted by the Sea House

12. Cut out the "Blend" ability entirely.

13. Include Nero going on a regular Drought at least once.

14. Change the rules of Drought -> 1x a month vs. every two weeks.

15. Incorporate Wingulls in Seawatcher activity more actively

...And more! Much, much more.

I'm going to get my mom to help me with editing, and I'd like your help as well! In the comment below, I have linked a survey asking what you think about the story. I'd appreciate your feedback on things you think I should cut or change: I can't promise that I'll use all of it, but I will consider all of it very carefully.

The survey is a Google survey (I've changed the settings so that anyone can access it, but if for some reason you can't, let me know), and completely anonymous... Unless you want to claim your prize. Yes prize! Nothing tangible, but I can perform a free service for you if you complete the survey. Check out the link so see!

Find survey in the comment here.