𝐭𝐰𝐨 .· * • ˚

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐰𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

────── ⋆⋅ ✯ ⋅⋆ ──────

          𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐘𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘. Antheia was amazed by how much he could eat. The other fourth years around them had also finished eating, as they curiously watched Ron continue to stuff his face. Sometimes Antheia truly wondered if Ron was half pig. The redhead seemed to amaze her each time with how much he could truly eat. She wasn't sure if it was a gift, or just plain odd.

          "So," Dumbledore spoke, as all attention in the Great Hall turned to their headmaster. "Now that we're all fed and watered. I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices."

       "Mr Filch, our caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it." Grumbles from the twins could be heard, and Antheia chuckled lightly.

          "As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year. It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year," Dumbledore spoke, and Antheia's eyes widened, as her jaw dropped. So much for Quidditch tryouts this year.

          "What?" Harry gasped, and Artemis's face was just about as red as the twins' hair, as she fumed, extremely upset about the fact that Dumbledore had cancelled her last Quidditch season.

          "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy- but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-," Dumbledore continued, only to be cut off by the rumble of thunder, as the doors to the Great Hall swung open with a bang.

          A man stood in the doorway, soaked to the bone from the rain, intensely staring around the room. He walked forward, and his foot clunked against the cobblestone floors. His scraggly hair cut off just above his shoulders, and his eyepatch didn't cover his eye, instead, it held another eye, which seemed to be some type of electric eye. His face was wrinkly, and his large, dark brown cloak flowed about behind him.

          The stranger continued to walk forward, until he reached Dumbledore. He reached out his hand, which was visibly scarred, and as was his face. Dumbledore shook his hand, as he muttered something the students couldn't hear. The stranger shook his head slightly, and Dumbledore gestured to the empty seat at the staff table. So he was the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, interesting.

          The stranger staggered over to the table, taking his seat, as he pulled a plate of sausages towards him, and began to eat. "May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," Dumbledore spoke, his voice cutting the silence that had filled the Great Hall moments before. "Professor Moody."