Chapter Twelve: Bullet to the Heart

tw// guns, death

"Hwiyoung!!!!!" The voice shouted, the owner of the sound pushing through the branches and the wild plants. His face was red and strenuous, his teeth gritted, and his vein was throbbing in his neck as his jaw was clenched.

The sky darkens, grey clouds cowering and concealing the sun - a cold breeze dancing by.

"R-Rowoon," Hwiyoung's eyes widened, his hands beginning to tremble as he stood up from his seat, taking a step forward as he was in shock. A smile soon curved upon his lips, laughing, "Y-You're alive!" He cheered, "You're alive!" He attempts to run to Rowoon, but he is held back - being held tightly by his wrist.

"Hwiyoung, no." Taeyang says, tilting his head side to side - hearing a small pop and crack as his bones popped, stretching out. He sighs, relaxed, looking straight ahead. "He's here to hurt you." He starts pulling Hwiyoung close to him, but he shrieks as Hwiyoung steps on his foot furiously - making his toes throb. His grip on the younger one's wrist loosens, and he pulls out his gun shakily out of anger to shoot Rowoon.

Hwiyoung runs to the older, who's just standing there - opening his arms widely to hug the younger one.

Taeyang curses, looking away - his trembling finger rests on the trigger, and he shoots. The older one expects to hear Hwiyoung lash out at him, but instead, he hears thunder clash within the clouds. Yet instead, he hears Rowoon scream out Hwiyoung's name, making his heart enter a frenzy and quickly jerk his head - his pupils dilating, the gun dropping out of his hands as he sees Hwiyoung on the ground with an increasing puddle of blood. "N-No."

Rowoon falls to his knees, crawling to the younger one. Lightning illuminates the greyed sky, and he pulls Hwiyoung to him - holding in a sob as he feels for a pulse. The tears push out at the sad realization, noticing the bullet struck directly in his heart. He chokes out a sob, hearing Taeyang's footsteps come close.

"I-Is he..." Taeyang breathes out.

"How could you?" Rowoon looks up at him, his eyes cold and narrowed. "YOU KILLED HIM!!!! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED!?" He shouts, his eyes red as tears keep spewing out.

Taeyang also has tears, but he cries out, "I-I wasn't aiming at him!! This is all your fault!!!" He points at Rowoon accusingly. "You're the monster! You should die!" He reasons.

Rowoon laughs dryly, pained, "Monster...? I've never once killed a soul," He leans his head back slightly, smiling idly at Taeyang as his eyes dulled. "Hwiyoung was outcast by his own people for a gift he had... normal humans kicked my kind away for a genetic failure we have... discriminating us for our differences." He licks his lips, beginning to feel raindrops falling from the sky.

"I-I don't get it." Taeyang says, shaking his head - blinking away rapidly to push back tears.

Rowoon breathes laboriously, holding Hwiyoung close to him, "You normal humans are the monsters here. Just because we're different, it's like...it's like we're harming you." His voice trails into silence as the rain pours harder.

Taeyang remains silent, merely watching as Rowoon hugs Hwiyoung tightly, sobbing quietly. "I'm so-sorry.. you lost your friend."

Fin.