t h r e e

Jisung's eyes lazily scanned the room looking for this person called Kim Saeron, but couldn't seem to find her

Jisung's eyes lazily scanned the room looking for this person called Kim Saeron, but couldn't seem to find her. As if Saeron understood what he's thinking, she raised her hand, sending Jisung a signal on where she is. His cold eyes met her tired ones, and Saeron swore she felt her heart stop. Shaking it off, she snapped herself out of her thoughts. "What the fuck was that."

Jisung clutched on one of his bag straps then made his way towards his seat. He walked past all the whispers lingering around the room, unbothered. Not even sharing another glance, he plopped himself down beside her.

Jisung took his belongings out of his bag, gently tossing them on the table. "Not even a hi?" Saeron thought to herself. She turned her body towards him then clearing her throat, earning the boy's attention as he glanced over to her. "Um.. hi? I'm Saeron. Nice to meet you," She said in a warm yet low voice. Not saying a word, Jisung only gave her a blank, uninterested gaze in return. He restored his attention back to the teacher, leaving the poor girl sit there dumbfounded.

Did he just- oh wow great work Kim Saeron. The girl thought as she mentally facepalmed herself. "Owwkay then." She said quietly shifting her body back to her usual position.

Saeron didn't even waste anymore time, she layed her head down on the table for the third time today. But was again disturbed as she heard a male voice call her from behind. "Psst, Saeron-ah" The girl didn't bother looking back, knowing who it was. "Can I copy your homework? I'll give you anything in return," Donghyuck said in a low voice, smirking. Not receiving an answer, he kicked her chair with his feet causing the sleepy girl to jolt up by the sudden force. "What the fuck Donghyuck?" Saeron blurted with an annoyed tone, turning her head towards him.

"Let me see your work"
"No. Leave me alone."
"Oh c'mon babygirl, stop acting like this"
"Call me babygirl once again I swear I'll break your neck"
"Feisty.. I like that"

Oh my god someone help me. She was just trying to sleep peacefully, but this asshole kept disturbing her slumber. The girl groaned, hoping someone could save her right now and then. Little did she know, Jisung was silently watching them bicker and he could clearly tell how annoyed Saeron was. Being the short-tempered boy he is, Donghyuck's attitude was getting into his nerves as he felt like confronting anytime. Saeron was about to snap until her sentence was cutted off.

"Can you shut that mouth of yours?"
a deep voice sternly demanded. Saeron's attention went from Donghyuck to the boy sitting beside her. Jisung was coldly glaring at the guy behind him, his face showed annoyance. Donghyuck was taken aback by the sudden comment but quickly snapped out of it. "What's your problem, new guy? I was talking to her, not you," Donghyuck stated as he brought his face closer to the other boy's face. Jisung rolled his eyes, "She said no. So shut the fuck up and do it on your own." With that being stated, Jisung turned his body back to face the front of the class.

Donghyuck was again taken aback by his statement, nobody has ever talked to him like that. He snapped back to his senses, standing up making his way towards the new boy.
"Yah, what's your fucking problem-"
"Lee Donghyuck! Detention after school!"
"Wha- But it's his fault-"
"No buts and go back to your seat Mr Lee!"

"You're gonna pay for this," Donghyuck said while pointing his index finger towards Jisung's face. With that he stomped back to his seat.

Saeron was still in complete amusement

Saeron was still in complete amusement. The guy who literally ignored her just did.. that. His vibe radiates coldness, his face unreadable. Jisung kept his blank face on, quietly paying attention to the teacher. She wasn't expecting any of that attitude. His simple yet demanding words were enough to shut anyone off.

Saeron was secretly glancing at Jisung who's silently paying attention to class. Realizing her actions, she snapped back to her senses.

What the hell am I doing?

She looked at the clock, wanting to get out of the deadly class. "Come on, 5 more minutes," the girl said quietly, closing her eyes.

Time passed way too slow. A minute felt like hours. "Alright kids, I'll be assigning a project for you to do and you'll be doing it with a partner," the teacher said taking her glasses off, folding it and gently placing it on the table. Some cheered, some groaned yanking their heads back, but soon turned into a frown as the teacher said smiling, "I'll be choosing them for you."

Fuck. This is never gonna be good.

The teacher had divided the class into pairs, leaving 4 students uncalled. "The last 2 pairs," the teacher held her chin in between her fingers, thinking. "Jisung with Eunha, Saeron with Donghyuck."

That's it. Saeron would rather die. Donghyuck smirked once again when he heard his partner's name. Saeron frowned, raising her hand up in disagreement. "Mrs. Park, don't you think I should be partenered with someone else-" Her sentence was once again got cut off by the teacher, "No, it has been decided. You don't have a choice, Kim Saeron."

"But-"
"Oh shut up Saeron, it's been decided. You're stuck with me now," Donghyuck said with an ugly smug on his face. She swore she almost threw a book at him. Saeron gave him a death glare, then looked back at the teacher.

"Mrs. Park, please-" the girl didn't get to finish her sentence when a deep voice interrupted, raising his hand. "I'll be her partner, just get this over with."

The whole class, including Mrs. Park turned their heads towards the owner of the voice. Saeron sat there with her mouth agaped, shocked.

"J-Jisung?"

oH-