Shattered

Dream slowly opened his eyes, or at least he tried to open his eyes. His view was slightly obstructed by a mask, it only allowed him to see through the slits. Where am I? Dream thought to himself. The place looked strange. Its walls were made of smooth marble and the ground was a bare white. He looked over at two figures standing in the room, sorta looming over him.

"Did you have a nice sleep?" One of the figures spoke, a clipboard in their hands. While their words sounded innocent, the manner they said it sound malicious.

"Where am I?" Dream asked, his voice sounded dry and rusty.

"Well, you've been in a coma for the past year, and surprisingly you've finally woken up!" The figure sounded ecstatic.

"And now, it's time for you to join the rest of them." The second scientist said without waiting for the first one to pause.

Dream was ushered out the door and down a hallway. A thousand thoughts rushed through his head. Wait, what about my everything that happened in my life? Was that just a coma induced dream? And why was I in a coma? Dream felt like his mind was just a cluster a questions, but he felt the most important question was, why am I here?

He was pushed into a smallish room, it looked like a prison cell. Their was two separate beds on each side of the room. Both beds contained a small pillow and ragged blanket. Further in the corner of the room was a toilet, along with a mirror and sink on the wall next to it. Dream could hear the door behind him clank and he turned around, only to see it closed and zero way out.

Dream let out a sigh as he picked which bed he was going to claim, both were empty. However as he drifted towards the bed on the right side, Dream could feel chills run down his spine, giving off a unfriendly aura.

Dream he decided to go with the bed on the left side, as it didn't make him feel the same.

Dream paused and looked in the mirror, his eyes started to itch. He went to feel beneath his mask. Immediately he froze, the area under his eyes felt weird, almost like flowers were below them. Dream twitched, it he followed a line of some sort of substance dripping off these flowers.

Dream took his hand from under his mask. He examined it, it was a black liquid that was on his palm. He gagged, quickly washing it off in the sink.

He looked back into the mirror, he was wearing a lime green sweatshirt, and that unsettling mask he knew was on his face. The mask was very simple, almost a perfect circle. It only covered the upper half of his face, leaving his mouth the only part that could be seen. The mask also had two black dots in the upper half of it, along with a creepy smile on the bottom of the mask.

Dream stepped back, almost afraid of himself. It made him want to keep the mask on, not wanting to see what was truly under it.

He let out a sigh and looked over at the barred entrance door again, would it ever open?

Dream wandered over to it, tapping at the bars. Am I the only one here? I can't be. He felt restless, glancing back at his claimed bed, but he didn't feel like going to sleep.

BEEEEEEEEEP

Dream jumped back from the door. A loud beep had rang through the entire building, and it was a terrible noise.

The door slowly creaked open, dust emitting off the bars as it slid to the side.

"Everyone is due at roll call, not showing up will result in punishment" A robotic voice called out, seemingly from the speakers he'd got a peak at outside in the hall.

Dream stepped forward, finally leaving the room. He walked down the hallway, following along the way were other people were going.

Dream saw other turn and walk into a room, with a label on the top that read the words "Roll call". He walked into it and got in line.

Dream observed his surroundings, the room itself was pretty big and even had a little stage in back where a person stood on it. The person held a clipboard and a pencil. The figure had a mask on and even wore a heavy hazmat looking suit. In the corners of the room stood two figures with emotional expressions.

"Its time for roll call! Is George here?" The person on the stand spoke, their pencil tapping their clipboard.

"Here" A voice in the crowd spoke.

"Is-......" The figure continued to speak, calling names and receiving responses. Dream zoned out and stopped paying attention.

"Is Dream here?" The person continued. They had been speaking for a few minutes, but as soon as they said Dream's name, he snapped back into reality.

"Here" Dream responded, feeling nervous.

The person said a few more names before the session was over. He let out a sigh of relief.

"It's time for everyone to go to the canteen" The same robotic voice spoke as everyone pushed their way out.

Eventually Dream managed to go to the canteen, it looks like they were being served mush. He grabbed some and sat down at a table.

Immediately three people sat around the other seats at the table. Dream tensed, ready to run at any second.

"Hello! I heard you're new here" One of the people who was sitting next to him spoke, their voice sounded friendly. Dream looked over at them.

"My name is Badboyhalo" The person continued on, even when Dream hadn't responded to his first attempt.

"My name is Dream" Dream finally spoke.

"Cool! This is George and Sapnap" Badboyhalo responded, gesturing to the two other people sitting at the table.

"Hi" George spoke, hesitantly joining the conversation.

The four continued to talk, allowing Dream to learn a bit more about them. He looked over at the clock that was featured on a wall.

Ding!

The clock loudly rang through the canteen, interrupting multiple conversations.

"Its time for a hour of lockdown, please return to your cells or you will be forcefully escorted" The familiar robot voice spoke from the speakers.

Dream waved goodbye to the three he'd been talking to, secretly hoping to bump into them again.

Dream walked through the hall, reaching his room just in time. The door slammed shut behind him.

He looked around, wondering what he'd do for a hour.

"Hello. I haven't had someone to talk to in ages." An excited voice rang out next to him. When Dream looked over there in surprise, it appeared no one was there.

Suddenly a person flickered into view, not fully becoming clear though, staying slightly transparent.

Dream locked eyes with the person and found himself staring at a ghost.