The long way home

Jack J's POV

We all decided to leave two days after Nash had made his video. Cameron stayed in a different place with Chad and Hayes so that they could all remain close to Nash if anything changes.

'I love you Jack.' I said to the handsome guys beside me. I looked at him carefully as he drove, he had the window open to the left side of his hair was moving about gently with the wind, his top lip was red raw from where he kept scraping his lower teeth over it to calm him down. I looked at his eyes, they looked sunken and sad with big black bags underneath them.

'I love you too babe.' He said to me and turned to face me before giving me a half hearted smile. He turned his attention back to the road and took a deep breath in, was he about to say something bad? 'Babe I'm scared of losing you.' Jack said to me. His voice sounded like it was tight, almost like he was struggling to get the sounds out.

'You won't lose me. I'm not going to be moving away remember? You want us to live together, and I want that to. We're best friends Jack, nothings going to tear that bond apart.' I said, placing my hand gently on top of his thigh.

'But what if something happens to us like what happened with Nash and Cameron, if something happened to you jack and you broke up with me I don't know what i'd do. I'd be heartbroken. I'd probably hurt myself, I've done it before.' Jack said before his eyes widened. I never knew that he had ever hurt himself before.

'What do you mean you've hurt yourself before.' I asked, 'If you don't want to tell me then don't worry.' I said making it sound like I was going to push him for any answers.

'It started when I felt like I was getting feelings for you. Ididn't want to have feelings for you Jack, not at that time anyway. I used to throw up all my food and go to the gym and if I couldn't add on at least five kilos in weight a week then i would hurt myself because I'd never be strong enough to tell you how I feel about you. I'd starve myself, cut my arms with scissors and with razor blades. One time, a few years ago now, when I came into school saying my stomach hurt? It wasn't because I was ill Jack its because a cut on my stomach had gone too deep and it wouldn't stop bleeding.' Jack said, he remained calm the whole way through telling me and his facial expression didn't change at all.

'Why didn't you tell me this sooner?'

'Becuase I didn't want to seem weak to you Jack. You stay strong through everything, you may not think you do but you cope with everything better than I do. I get angry and I get sad so easily whereas you probably hold all your emotions in. You've helped Cameron and thats straight away better than what I could do, i'd get too emotionally attached to their situation and start thinking about what would happen to us if that happened.' He changed his voice tis time, he sounded more desperate and more upset, I didn't really want to push him on the topic any further.

'You are strong Jack. Trust me you are, I mean, if someone hurt someone you loved you'd be able to knock them out easy. No one would stand a chance against you.' I said, trying to give him something to hold onto, he obviously doesn't believe in himself the way he used to.

Jack smiled out of the windscreen softly before he used his other hand to turn on the radio. He turned the volume up so that I could hear the music properly because the right side speakers don't work in Jack's car. I don't know why. The song playing was one of ours, Doing It Right.

'I'm proud of you Jack.' I said to him

'Thanks.' Jack looked out the side window at a car that was getting gradually closer and closer towards us. He flipped the driver off but before we knew it our car was being pushed towards the edge of the road. The force of the blow meant Jack had to let go of the wheel and our car went travelling towards a streetlight. Just before we would have made impact, Jack managed to gain hold of the wheel and get control back.

'The fuck did he do that for?' Jack shouted over at me.

'I don't know bro. Come on, let's just get home.' The song on the radio changed to a 5SOS song.

'I wanna get lost and driver forever with you talking about nothing and whatever baby so we're taking the long way home.' Jack sung to me. I smiled and we stated to continue our journey.

(Hey sorry about the really long wait for an update. I've been in hospital with cracked ribs.
I'd like to let you all know that I have started another story called As The Last Blossom Falls. It's not a fanfiction but it's extracts and a more fictional representation of parts of my diary so I'd love it if you'd check it out.
Please vote and comment on this part.
I love you all so much, I really do. Xxxxxxxxxxx)