Chapter VII

"DAMIAN!"

Suddenly, Damian woke up in a cold sweat, gasping.

"Ssshhhh.."

Damian started breathing calmly, looking around. "D-dad?" He said, looking at Slade, who just let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you okay?" Slade asked, slight concern on his face.

Damian looked him in the eyes, before slowly nodded. "I-it was a nightmare. Nothing too drastic..."

Slade obviously didn't believe him, but let the topic go. He sighed, and got up. "Well.. it time for school. You should probably get ready." He muttered, walking out the door. "I'll be out on a new mission."

Damian nodded, and got up. "Do you know when you'll be back?" He asked, walking to his bathroom.

"Probably in 2 weeks. Depends on who gets in my way and how many."

"Okay.." Damian muttered disappointedly. He wanted to spend some quality time with his father, and never really could. His father stopped being a mercenary when he adopted Damian so he could train and look after him.

When Damian was 8, Slade started go off to be a mercenary. Leaving him to take care of himself.

Damian sighed, and went off to do his business and take a shower. On his way out, he wore a green hoodie. The hood and pocket was green, while the hem of the hood was yellow. He thought the colors go together nicely. He put on dark blue jeans, and some red shoes.

____________________________________________
Damian was on his way to school now. He was on the subway, and was eating a vegan breakfast burger he had made with some iced lemon tea.

Once the subway made it to his stop, he got off, threw the wrapper from the vegan burger away, and continued to walk to his school.

While walking, he looked up to the big building of Gotham High. The sun was out, but nothing very visible. Smoke covered the skies as normal, but with the small amount of light from the sun, it was looking way more welcoming. Though, not very much.

"Hey Damian!" He heard. He looked over to see Tim huffing, and running toward him.

"Err.. Tim?" He awkwardly mumbled, looking at him. What was he doing here?

"Well huff you left a huff drawing at the huff  the manor.." he said, handing the drawing to him. It was the drawing of Renegade he had made. It was old, yes, but still.

"Oh- Uhh thanks?" Damian muttered, slowly folding it and tucking it away in his backpack.

"So since I'm already here, wanna walk to school together?" Tim suggested, and Damian slowly nodded.

As they walked, Tim was telling him about some random things, and Damian occasionally responded. Once they entered the school they went to they're lockers. It was far apart, as they both had the same home room.

And while they made it to they're class they talked along the way, Tim mostly talking, though.

Damian wasn't paying attention. He was only listening to his surroundings of the older kids making fun of him. He tried his best not to listen to they're comments, but it was tough.

"It's that Wilson kid."
"I heard he was kicked out of a school once."
"I heard it was 3 schools!"
"I heard a rumor his dad was a killer!"
"What if he also becomes a killer!"
"That's no surprise, but what if he kills US!"
"I heard his REAL family gave up on him and sent him to a Adoption Centre!"

Damian tried to ignore them, he really did, but it was becoming harder by the second.

"Hey? You good?" He heard Tim ask. He looked over to meet his friends concerned gaze. Damian nodded, and slowly sped up, Tim trailing him closely.

"Those kids back there seem terrible to you. Aren't you gonna say anything? Like to a teacher?" Tim asked.

"I tried, but it was no use. They just don't believe me." He mumbled, and Tim sighed.

"Y'know, you really need to stand up for yourself."

Damian sighed. "I try, but it's no use."

Tim sat down at his seat, which was around the front. 2nd row, 4th chair, while Damian sat at the back, 6th row, 10 chair. (In my town, one class of high school students is 60 kids.)

Damian took his sketchbook out, and began doodling, waiting for class to start.

10 minutes later, the teacher, Mrs, Lieck, came in and started class.

_________________________________________________

Currently, it was lunch break. Damian sat in the library eating a salad, and drinking some soda. He often sat there reading. Right now, he was reading 'Under The Egg' by Laura Marx Fitzgerald.It was about a girl uncovering a secret after the death of her grandfather.

He liked it a lot.

As he flipped the page, reading each word with interest. In minutes a quiet, yet loud voice called out to him.

"There you are!"

He looked up to see Tim.

"Hey.." he said, looking back at the book.

"I was looking for you all over the place! It was hard to find you, y'know with you being quiet and-" he looked over to see that Damian was not even looking at him, let alone paying attention. "What are you reading?" He asks, looking at the book.

"Under The Egg." Damian answered quickly.

Tim examined the page Damian was on. Right now a girl, Penny her name was, was arguing about financial problems with her mother.

"What's it about?" He asked Damian, sitting down across from him.

"Well.." and with that e started explaining the book, Tim listening happily at the 14 year olds interest in the book.