𝐢 𝐯

" i do recall now

the smell of the rain

fresh off the pavement

i ran off the plane "

i remember one specific family trip i had to take, one that he didn't really want me to go one for whatever reason. still, he'd helped me pack and kissed me goodbye like everything was normal.

he joked about how i couldn't 'go find someone new' and i was to distracted to notice the worry hidden behind his smile.

i kept that promise, and i never intend to break it.

but i guess he never took such an oath.

" that july ninth

the beat of your heart

it jumps through your shirt

i can still feel your arms "

and then when i got back, it was such a rainy, gloomy day, but his presence alone seemed to draw the clouds away from the sun.

his arms drew me close, just like that night that felt like an eternity ago and the lips that had me mine just barely brushed across my forehead. his arms were so warm, so welcoming, and i forgot about all the past grimaces and cold - shoulders, choosing to take his long time advice and focus on the present.

memory lane is a dangerous road, one of the most deceptive i've come across, and i feel as if i've just strayed down the wrong path. so many bottled up emotions are fighting to spill out, my lip is quivering now.

i blink. this can't be happening. not right now, not right here, not with him near.