"Sweet" Dreams

You were exiting a train when you saw the familiar head of blond hair. Your heart beat with excitement as you pushed through the crowd to see him. A smile unknowingly sprawled itself over your face as you got closer. His large, beautiful red wings came into view as the crowd disperse enough. Yet... you saw another's arms wrapped across his torso. They most definitely weren't yours.

"Hey, Songbird," you heard his voice coo softly in the loving voice you were so familiar with. But it wasn't aimed at you.

You watched as Hawks' neck craned down to the person who hugged him. A gap appeared and you witnessed Hawks' lips meet with the person's lips in a kiss that played in slow motion.

You heart froze. You never thought that Hawks would ever do this to you. He always made sure to remind you how much he loved you. He made time for you despite his schedule. He said you were his only one, the one he had been waiting for his whole life. And yet, there he was wrapping the same arms that held you that night around someone you had never seen in your life nor around him.

"Hawks...," you whispered out in distraught and he looked over his shoulder to meet your eyes.

He only narrowed them and cocked his head to the side slightly with a cocky grin. "Hey~," he greeted you with an amused tone that echoed in your ears.

He held the person tighter as he kept his eyes locked on yours and smirked into their hair. He gave them another kiss before taking their hand in his and walking away.

You felt hot tears prickling at your eyes and tried blinking them away only for them to fall nonstop. You felt so betrayed and played for a fool. You couldn't believe but it was right there in front of you. He doesn't love you—no, he never did.

You fell to hug your knees and wanted to cry your heart out regardless of the fact you were in public. You held onto your chest that felt like your heart had been stabbed or pulled right out. You shut your eyes tight to fight the tears.

When you opened then again, you weren't in the train station. No, you were lying in bed. Correction: you were lying in bed in Hawks' arms.

He was stirring awake because of your uncontrollable breaths that shook the bed. "Is something wrong, Babybird?"

His voice was laced with interrupted rest that made it husky to your ear. He squinted in the darkness at you and blinked a few times to adjust.

With shaky breaths, you tried to respond as naturally as possible, "I-I'm okay."

He shot up and leaned in close to look at you. At the close distance, you saw his face warp to that of worry. Behind him, you see the beautiful red wings that reminded you of the dream you just had. "What happened? Why are you crying?"

He sat up and pulled you in his arms to rub your back slowly. His wings slowly wrapped around the two of you like a huge cocoon. The care and love only made it worse for you and you cried into his chest. He whispered a soft and long 'Shhh' into your ear as he rocked back and forth.

You felt so childish crying in his arms over a stupid dream, and it didn't help that he was responding to it like a parent to their kin.

He pulled away and wiped your tears to leave kisses over your eyes, then your lips. He cupped your face to make you look at him as he asked, "Can you tell me what happened?"

You hesitated. It was a pathetic dream that felt so real, but shouldn't have affected you this much. You knew how much he loved you and yet you doubted it because of that dream. But you can't ignore the doubt in your heart.

"You're not... not cheating on me, are you?" You ask as you feel a tear fall down your cheek.

"Did I cheat in your dream?" Hawks asks as he wipes the lone tear.

You nod and swallowed to choke back the lump in your throat that threatened the beginning of more crying.

"I would never... you know me. I've told you time and time again that I have waited my whole life for you. If I hadn't met you, then I would wait another lifetime for you. You're the only one for me, Songbird," he smiled then kissed your lips carefully. "Your dreams are trying to sabotage our relationship," he teased before hugging you and kissing the top of your head.

"I'm sorry," you replied in his embrace and nuzzled into his chest.

"Stop wiping your tears on my shirt, Babe," he fake scolded but didn't let go.

~~~~

Alternate Reaction
"Are you crying...?"

You open your eyes to see Hawks hovering over you. He was propped on one elbow as his free hand reached for your face and caressed your face to find tears.

"You are... what happened?" He asked as he wiped your tears and kissed your cheeks.

"S-stop," you whimpered out as you tried pushing Hawks away. The doubt that lingered in your mind thanks to the dream made you feel uncomfortable with the affection Hawks was giving you.

"Songbird, what happened?"

"In my dream... you were with someone else," you confessed.

Immediately, Hawks fell back into bed and said, "Go to sleep."

To say you were shocked by his reaction wouldn't be enough. You did not expect Hawks to easily push it aside. Sure, you thought it was stupid to fall for a dream's tricks, but it truly hurt you. And all Hawks had to say was to "go to sleep"?

"What...?"

Hawks pulled you in and said, "We need to sleep at the same time so I can fight the asshole that's trying to fuck us over. He's pretending to be me and doing shit I would never even imagine doing. Sleep."

The anxiety that you didn't realize has built up within you died down hearing Hawks' words. You melted into Hawks' arms and sighed with relief.