Insecurities

Requested by @Shortyyy05

Hawks was out at work and you were busy all day with chores. After a hard day of chores, a nice relaxing shower was desperately needed. You felt grimy and disgusting that it made you want to immediately jump in.

You entered the bathroom and took your shower, almost getting lost in the feeling of how good it feels. You could stand in there for hours without end but your pruning body suggested otherwise. You stepped out and almost exited when your peripheral caught something from the mirror.

All the negative thoughts you had pushed aside in the name of chores came crashing down at once. Of course.

There, your eyes has pinpointed the smallest detail starting with the very pimple your peripheral had caught. Your eyes glided down every bit and curve of your body and the horrible voice in your head judged every second. It hated what it saw. It wished it could cut it out or replace or get rid of it entirely. You pinched at the unwanted skin and covered the blemishes you wished to wash away. Despite having just taken a shower, you wanted to be clean again.

"I hate it...," you mumbled to yourself as you looked in the mirror and stared at yourself with such a disappointed look.

"The audacity," you heard from behind you and finally noticed Hawks in the mirror.

"Hawks!" You exclaimed. You weren't expecting Hawks to come home so soon. He was here much earlier than expected, he said he had a lot of work to do.

"Come here," he demanded with a hint of rage as he pulled you out of the bathroom. He closed the door behind him and led you to the closest seat which happened to be the dining table. He sat you on the table and pulled out a seat and sat in front of you.

He looked up at you and held your hands. He didn't look mad, but he did look a bit disappointed.

"Lovebird, tell me what you were thinking," he asked softly as he carefully rubbed circles on your hands with his thumbs.

You hesitated, but seeing the look in his eyes, you couldn't help but cave in. You shamefully began to list off every insecurity you had looked at in disgust earlier. To your surprise, every bit of skin or blemish you added to the list, added another peck from Hawks.

He kissed the parts you hated most, carefully, as if appreciating it like artwork. He moved his way across your body leaving small bird pecks.

"Keigo, what are you doing?" You asked when you paused your listing of insecurities.

"I'm doing my thing, keep going," he said and pressed his lips to your knuckles.

"No, Hawks, look at me," you said as you carefully pried his head from your body, and cupped his face in your hands to have him look at you.

"Only at you?" He teased and placed his hands over yours.

Just looking at him and how wonderful he was to you made you feel horrible. How can someone so lovely be with you?

"Keigo, don't...," you trailed off and felt the bubbling of insecurities press down on you. The pressure was unbearable and you hated it so much.

Hawks sighed and guided you to the couch where he sat you down across from him. He held your hands and said, "I don't see how you can look at yourself like how you do. You're very being is enough to take my breath away, why can't you see what I see?"

His sweet words lingered in your ear like a light tickle and were way too sweet not to laugh at. Maybe even cringe at, to be honest.

"I can break every mirror here so the only image you get of yourself is from me. Hell, I'll praise your body everyday so I make you believe me. And the next time you finally look in the mirror, you're going to see what I see."

The thought of his grand gesture was enough to set your heart racing. You felt your cheeks flush with embarrassment of hearing every compliment he sent your way. What did you do to deserve him?

Hawks gave your hands a squeeze to grab your attention and said something you didn't quite hear. He maintained eye contact with you as he brought your hand to his lips to kiss. He smirked and asked, "You listening, Lovebird?"

"What was it?" You asked, wondering what did you miss in the past few seconds.

"You're going to list your insecurities, and I'm going to say why I love them. I already started without you," he teased as he kissed your cheek.