Sad stuff (DR1)

Sakura: Sakura was the only daughter born into her clan in her generation, and so was compelled to become even stronger than her male family members in order to prove her worth. As a child, Sakura trained at her family's dojo every day with her father.

Hiro: Yasuhiro lived alone with his mother, Hiroko Hagakure, who loves him dearly despite his many flaws. Very little is known about his father, though his father apparently lived with them at some point, as Yasuhiro once mentioned their house burning down because his father fell asleep with a burning cigarette. According to his mother, there was some sort of trouble between them because she did something and let it go on too long, causing them to break up. Yasuhiro himself had several problems with women and money, and he also repeated middle and high school about four times.

Toko Fukuawa: She was mistreated as a child, was once locked into a closet for three days without food, was mocked by boys about her looks and the trauma caused Genocide Jack to be created.

Leon: (TW! I*CEST) Leon was very close to his cousin, Kanon Nakajima, since they were very young. Leon's father was the older brother of Kanon's father. Kanon was in love with Leon throughout their childhood and repeatedly tried to get him to notice her feelings for him, although he only ever saw her as a little sister. In middle school, Leon became a very skilled baseball player, and Kanon became the manager of his baseball team so she could watch him play. To win the heart of a girl that he happened to meet at the hair salon, he became determined to change his title to Ultimate Musician. His hair and clothing style changed completely.

Aoi: After the deaths of Chihiro and Mondo, Aoi's mental health began to decline, crying alone in her room and falling into a depression. She later had to face the death of the person who was there to comfort her, Sakura.

Hifumi: Presumably, as a young child, Hifumi described himself as a "mild-mannered boy who liked to draw" and "without a single friend". He apparently did not believe when people, mostly women, were genuinely kind to him. So much so, he would yell at them to leave whenever they attempted to talk to him and enjoyed doing so.

Mukuro: basically her whole life was controlled by her sister, she was not naturally born as despair but Junko made her feel despair since she was born, and the moment she started to have doubts and think in having her own dreams and goals, she was brutally killed and betrayed. Never got the chance to make friends, to be happy, to have a normal life.

Junko: As children, Junko and her twin sister Mukuro had lived in abject conditions and they were even homeless at some point. As she puts it, she regretted the moment of her own birth, feeling that her birth into the world was a mistake. Due to her analytical skills allowing her to predict the outcome of events, she became bored with the world. Because of that, she took an interest in despair, which she believes is unpredictable and exciting, at a very young age.

Celestia: Celestia hated her true self and the common world she was born into, considering her given name of Taeko Yasuhiro a "loser's name", and so sometime during her childhood, Celestia retreated into an obsession with European royalty - particularly of the Victorian and Rococo period and European historical figures like Marie Antoinette. To make her life appear more glamorous, she took on the European-sounding name "Celestia Ludenberg" and concocted a fictional backstory for herself in which her father was a member of the French nobility, and her mother was a member of a German family of musicians. She began adopting a fake ambiguous European accent and wearing and designing her own well-known line of lolita fashion.

Makoto: In middle school, Makoto went to Blackroot Junior High with Sayaka Maizono, however he was in class 2 while Sayaka was in class 4. He found a lost crane and rescued it; this act of kindness caught her attention, and that was how she remembers him even years later. It's implied that Makoto had a crush on her, but they never talked due to them being in different social standards. He later had to sea with the fact that she betrayed him because she wanted to escape.