Chapter 1 "Daddy what's a soulmate"

Chapter 1 "Daddy, what's a soulmate?"

Eliza's POV

     My dreams just keep getting weirder and weirder. They started a few months ago. Some of them I dream of this woman, I think she is from a tribe. She has warpaint on her face. It looks like black tears flowing down her cheeks.

     Then there are people bowing to her, even I bow to her in one dream. She must be a queen. She even sits on a throne. I see lots of death in those dreams as well. People fighting, I kill people as well. I don't know what it means. Her name is Lexa in those dreams.

     Then there are other dreams, where she is my age. Her name is Alicia. It's the same person, I know it is. She wears clothes kinda like mine, but a little bit different. I watch her grow up in those dreams, but it's like I don't know her, not yet. It feels like I am trying to find her in those dreams. 

     Those dreams are scary. I see people trying to eat everyone else. She is in danger. Everything in me tells me to help her, to save her from those trying to hurt her, especially the monsters. I know what they are. I watched a movie daddy once that had the monsters. They were called zombies. Mom was really mad.

     I don't know why. They are so not real. It was just a movie, but still mom was mad. She told daddy that it was too scary for a little girl. The movie wasn't scary, it was kind of funny. It just seemed so fake.

     I've always liked drawing. Daddy says I am really good, but I think it's just because he is my daddy. He kind of has to say things like that. I started drawing my dreams. Something tells me that I shouldn't forget any part of them. My old art book is almost full now, just of my dreams. I am happy daddy gave me a few more for my birthday today. 

     I turned seven today. Daddy says I am a big girl now and I get big girl art supplies. Now I can even start painting the woman in my dreams. Maybe some of the scary ones will stop coming, but I don't  think they will stop.

     Daddy comes in the room and sees me drawing. "What are you drawing today, pumpkin?"

     "Promise you won't laugh, daddy?" I ask him.

     He shakes his head, holds out his pinky, and says, "I would never laugh at you, sweetie, pinky promise." 

     Daddy is so silly, but I still wrap my pinky around his, and hand him my book. "Who is the lady? She is in like most of these drawings. Your drawing is getting better everyday." He says.

      "I dream about her, daddy, every night. Some of the dreams are scary. They feel so real." I say quietly.

     Daddy pulls me into his arms, and gives me a big hug. "What else do you feel in these dreams, sweetie?" He asks.

     I look at the floor, and say, "So many things, daddy. I feel like I have to know her. I think she is in danger and I don't like it at all. I want to save her. She needs help, daddy. Then there are the dreams where she is a little girl, like me. She seems so happy, but I just know that the bad things are going to happen and I have to stop them."

     Daddy keeps looking through the book and finally he says, "It seems like you are dreaming about your soulmate. Not many do, I didn't with your mommy, but our birthmarks match, so it means we found each other. Most people don't find theirs until they are much older. You have dreamt about yours early, so early. I have never heard of someone dreaming about their soulmate till they are a teenager at least." 

     I start playing with his fingers and after a minute I ask him, "Daddy, what is a soulmate?"

     Daddy looks around for a minute and then says, " Well, um it's a.. Well, it's like a best friend, but more. It's the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It's someone who makes you a better person, well, actually they don't make you a better person... you do that yourself-- because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you, and accepted you, and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens.. you'll always love them."