~12~

*POV: Oaklyn*

It was 9am in the morning and I had heard some sort of music from down the hall, wanting to sleep more I just ignored it. Next thing I know, Nico is knocking on our bedroom door. Chase groaned as he slammed his face into a pillow.

There was another set of knocks.

I sighed and got up from my side of the bed, sulking as I walked over to the set of double doors and opened them. I stood there in front of Nico as I rubbed my eyes, thinking of something to say but all I could think of at the moment was sleep.

"Long night with Chase?" Nico asked me with a smirk.

"No." I said defensively, "I just really hate mornings."

"Mhm, sure." She told me as she pushed passed me, yelling at Chase to get out of bed.

"Isn't the whole point of not going to school is so we don't have to wake up on time anymore?" He asked her as he laid in bed, half awake.

"Mm. School just started. Let's go." She told us as she left the room, shutting the door behind her. I let out another sigh as I flopped back onto the bed for a few moments before actually getting up for the day.

(see outfit above)

While Chase was in the bathroom, I walked over to the very few clothes I owned, skimming for something to wear. I then decided on a white cropped sweater, some black jean shorts and some dirty black vans

I changed into the outfit before throwing on the beanie that Chase had gotten me, before grabbing my blade and heading down to the foyer so that Chase could get changed. When I made it to the bottom of the stairs I was met with an inpatient Gert and a tired Karolina, and within a few more moments there was now a what seemed to be pissed of Nico and a relaxed Chase.

I stood off the the side with my weapon in hand while we waited for Molly to join us.

"Does anyone want to explain Molly? We haven't even done anything yet." Gert said as she paced the floor.

"Maybe she, like the rest of us, didn't get enough sleep." Chase said as he laid his head on his knee.

"I mean it could just be puberty." I chimed in with.

"You said it yourself Gert, adolescents need more sleep." Nico said to the purple haired girl as she pulled up on Chase's jacket collar, forcing him to stand.

"Anyways, she can skip this one." Nico said as she made her way to the side. "She's further along than the rest of us."

"Speak for yourself." Karolina said with confidence as she made her way to the middle of the floor. "I've been practicing."

She then started to lift her arms slightly causing her to start glowing and floating high into the air, and moving backwards towards the top of the staircase. Once she reached the top, she started to lower herself until her feet touched the ground and he skin color returned to normal.

"Um, how much practice?!" Nico said in disbelief.

"Enough that you're suddenly nervous you're not the best anymore."

Wait, I thought I was the best-" Chase started with before he was shut down by Karolina.

"Oh you wanna make this a competition." Nico said towards the overly confident boy.

"I think I already did." He sassed back as he took the floor and faced a target dummy. He charged up his Fistagons and shot a large beam of energy at the dummy, blowing him back and over, leaving Chase standing there with pride.