~15~

*POV: Chase*

I woke up the next morning next to Chase, and a phone call from Gert. I hard Oaklyn waking up next to me. I filled her in on what was happening. We both quietly crept downstairs to where the car was kept. I got in the passengers seat while Oaklyn got into the drivers side. We drove until we arrived at the hospital, we pulled around and saw Gert standing there with a bag in her hands. We both got out of the car and rushed towards her.

"Hey! Thank God you called." I said as he gave Gert a hug.

"I was freaking out when I woke up
and Chase told me you were gone. What'd you do?" Oaklyn said, also giving her a hug

"Something bad." She said. We looked behind her to see my mom standing there with a smile on her face.

"I'll just.. take Gert and sit in the car." Oaklyn told me before placing a kiss on my cheek, causing me to smile. I then turned my attention to my mom.

"I'm not gonna force you to come with me, sweetheart." She said to me

"No offense, Mom, but I don't really see a universe where that'd be possible." I said in a monotone voice

"I take ownership for everything that we put you through, and I want you to know that I'm willing to pay any price...
If that means turning myself in to the police... To get you to trust me again and to consider coming home."

"It's too late." I said "Too much has happened."

"You care about Oaklyn a lot, don't you?" She said to me pointing to her giving Gert a hug before opening the backseat door for her.

"Yeah, I do."

"I'm glad that you found someone and that you kids are taking care of each other, but... they're not your family, we are. Your father and me."

"How is Dad?" I asked her

"He's okay." She told me "When he's back on his feet, everything will be different. He'll be different."

"Yeah, it's not the first time I've heard that, and it's not even the 500th time.
Come on, let's go." I shouted to Oaklyn, motioning for her to start the car as I walked over and got into the passengers seat.

"Chase, you can't go. It's not safe." My mom said as she shuffled her way over, leaning into the car.

"Get off the car."

"Jonah needs another sacrifice."

"What?" Oaklyn and Gert said.

"He's desperate, and we have no way to keep tabs on him, and he built another box, and he's gonna put somebody in it,
and I can't let it be you." She told him

"Take care of yourself, Mom." Is all I responded with before I motioned for Oaklyn to drive off.

~

*POV: Oaklyn*

I pulled into the abandoned mansion we've now called our home and sat in the drivers seat for a moment.

"I'll.. let you guys talk." I said awkwardly to the two as I made my way out of the car. I walked into the house and gave Molly a weak smile before making my way to Alex's room to see him and Karolina talking.

"Hey you guys are back." Alex said to me as I leaned against the doorway.

"Where's Gert and Chase?" Karolina added on