1. School

Mason pov:
So today everything started...

We had PE and Noah & I were on the same team with dodgeball. I was a great thrower and he a great catcher.
So we were unstoppable together.
But we didn't focus a lot on the rest of our team and that was our downfall, again.

So we changed back in our regular clothes.
"Hey, how'd you get that bruise?" Noah asked when he saw this major bruise on my arm.
"I'm on the football team. I'm litterally their quaterback. Those things happen."
"Just asking."
I rolled my eyes and gave him a playfull push.
"So, are you gonna talk to Stacey soon?" Noah asked.
"What? Are you insane?! Everytime when I see her I get this weird feeling and I'm not able to talk until she's gone!"
"Ha. You're so in love with her that you can't be yourself in front of her."
"Oh very funny."
I grabbed my bag.
"See you tomorrow." I said and I left the locker room.

My mom looked at me with the same reaction as Noah.
"How'd you get that bruise on your arm?" she asked.
"Hello to you too mom."
"Mason, that's the third one this week."
"That's what you get when you're the quaterback of the football team."
"Mason, we both know that you're a little reckless. I bet if you were a little more carefull-"
"Mom. I'm not a little kid anymore. I know what I'm doing."
"Fine... I was just saying..."
"I know mom."
She sighed and I looked at her.
"You're just looking out for me. I know."
"It's not like you care if I do or not."
"Mom, I know that you want me to be carefull and to reach my dreams. And my dream is to be a professional quaterback."
"I know... Your father would've been proud to see how far you are already."
"You'd think so?"
"I know so."
And she gave me her warm smile.
"Thanks mom... That means a lot." I said and she hugged me.
"I wish that your father could see you play in your first big game."
"Mom..."
Tears welled up in her eyes as she left the room.
I sighed.
My dad died because of cancer, three years ago by now.
He was amazing... But things changed when he died.
Mom got more carefull to basically everything and I just wanted to make mom laugh again, smiling doesn't count!

So the next day started roughly.
I overslept and was just on time at school.
"Close call dude." Noah said when I took a seat next to him in the classroom.
"Open your mathbooks at page 143." the teacher said and I sighed.
"Like we ever need this."
Noah grinned and Stacey looked at the two of us for a second.
"Dude, you're staring again." Noah whispered and I turned back to my mathbook.
After Math, we had science and economics.
Then we had lunch break, the moment that it actually started.
The two of us (me and Noah) sat at our normal spot, outside by one of the trees.
"When are you finally gonna make a move by Stacey?" Noah asked.
"I don't know..."
Then I started coughing.
"You okay?" Noah asked.
"Sure..." I said when I stopped coughing.
But then I saw that there were some blood drops on my hand.
"That's not good..." I muttered and Noah looked at me.
"Caughing blood is definitely not good." he said.

We went to the school nurse, they called my mom and we (my mo and I) were on my way to the hospital before I even knew.
Noah had to stay at school.
I was kinda nervous though, I mean it had to be serious... Otherwise we wouldn't be going to the hospital.
I saw the fear in mom's eyes. And I knew why.
This is how it started with dad... I swallowed and my mom took my hand.
"It'll be okay." she said softly. But I knew better.
This was bad news. This was the same as what dad had at first. Coughing blood and then he had cancer.
I didn't want that! (Nobody does, I know). I just... I remember how upset my parents were at first and how I didn't understood what was going on... How my dad came home bald the other day and that I made fun of it, because I didn't knew that it was because of the treatments. That it was because he was dying!
I felt terrible and my mom squeezed my hand softly when we arrived at the hospital.