Chapter 1

~

"Far away. I heard him say (come with me now). Don't delay. I heard him say (come with me now)."

~Amber Beach Dinosaur Museum~

I wander around the dinosaur museum here at Amber Beach since it's my favorite place to go even as a child. I come to this place more times than I really should, but I just really love dinosaurs, and this museum is the best place to be if you're a dinosaur fanatic like I am. I also go to the cafe in the museum to finish up some research or drawings that I might've started because I find it peaceful and it's usually not so busy.

I head on over to the parasaur display to finish up a drawing I started yesterday. I like to do drawings of some of the displays in the museum to help my drawing skills so I can show them off to a really good friend of mine who is also into art, but he's a lot better at it than me. However, I really enjoy drawing the dinosaurs and their skeletal structures, they're just so unique and to think there was a time they actually existed. Sometimes I like to predict what they could have possibly looked like since Jurassic Park isn't quite accurate because they're more like modern birds than reptiles. Then again, of course, it would be different in Jurassic Park since they use other animal's DNA, so they wouldn't have the feathers. I can go on for days about this.

I went over to find the information plaque for the parasaur and found that there wasn't any, so I went over to the little computer screen and nothing was showing up. Great, just when I needed my laptop to look things up and I didn't bring it. Although, I did notice a guy pushing a cart with dinosaur bones and I'm sure he works here. Maybe he might know something.

"Excuse me," I get the guy's attention before he went past me. He takes off his headphones that he had on as he stops the cart. "Do you know when the information for the parasaur will be available?"

"Oh, umm, probably sometime next week. They're adding more information to it," the guy answers. He had a rather thick accent, New Zealand, I believe.

"Okay, thank you," I said kindly then I turn around to face the display so I can continue on with my drawing.

"You interested in the parasaur?" the guys asks even though I thought he would just leave, but I'm surprised he would stick around. "I can tell you what I know."

"No need. I don't want you to get into trouble for keeping you," I said.

"No worries, mate, I got time," the guy says with a friendly grin.

"Okay, so what can you tell me about the parasaur?" I ask as I give him a friendly grin back.

"Well, the Parasaurolophus was a herbivore in the Cretaceous Period that is also called the duck-billed dinosaur since it looked like it had a duckbill. They used their head crest for communication and it may have helped regulate its temperature. Here's a fun fact: its crest was built like a woodland instrument."

"That's pretty impressive how much you know about the parasaur on the top of your head. It's a pretty interesting dinosaur," I said as I jot down a few notes in my sketchbook.

"Yeah, the parasaur is actually my favorite dinosaur," the guy said then he glances at my sketchbook. "Did you draw the parasaur?"

"Yeah, I draw the dinosaurs in the museum," I answer as I show him my incomplete drawing of the parasaur.

"Wow! That is amazing! It almost looks just like it," the guy said with some astonishment.

"Thanks."

"I'm Chase by the way," the guy introduces himself.

"Storm."

"Nice to meet ya, Storm. Hope to see ya around," Chase said, then he puts his headphones on and went back to pushing the cart.

Chase seems like a nice guy, but he sure impressed me with those facts about the parasaur. It does seem like an interesting dinosaur even though my favorite dinosaurs are the deinonychus which is what the Jurassic Park's Velociraptor is actually based on, or supposedly the Utahraptor, and the t-rex since it's rather unique.

I pack up my drawing stuff and walk out of the museum. I know I'll be back tomorrow to go to the cafe as I do sometimes.

~Chase~

During my break, I went over to the parasaur display hoping to find Storm, but I didn't find her. I walk around the museum trying to find her and I was not having any luck. Awe, she must have left. No worries then, I'm sure she'll be back tomorrow.

Ever since I met her, I can't get her out of my head now. She is so beautiful! Her shaggy, shoulder width, white hair, her stunning and unique white eyes, and her nice tan skin are so captivating, and not to mention that she's interested in the parasaur which makes me so happy! The parasaur is definitely my favorite, and I'm so happy that I found a girl that likes it too!

I really do hope I get to see her again! I want to tell her so much more about the parasaur and see her drawing again. I think I've fallen in love.