Chapter 2

~

~Stormbringer~

The next day I went to the museum again to go chill at the cafe and maybe have a coffee or two, and finish up that parasaur drawing. I also eat there once in a while depending on how much money I have which tends to not be a lot. I walk into the cafe and sat at my usual spot which was at a corner not far from the exit just to be out of the way since sometimes I would spend hours here. Usually, no one really bothers me since I keep to myself and never bother with anything.

A waiter comes over and I order a coffee since that's all I can afford right now. After the waiter takes my order and leaves, I grab my sketchbook and my pencils. I start working on the drawing, but I might have been secretly hoping that Chase would show up so he can tell me more about the parasaur. It's nice to have an actual person to tell you the facts instead of a computer screen. But, I'm sure he'll show up out of the blue. Who knows, he could be working at different parts of the museum.

I work on the drawing for a couple of hours and had my coffee because I need the coffee in order to function during the day, but at least the drawing is almost complete. After I pack up my pencils, I decide to go to the parasaur display to finish the drawing, but as I was leaving the cafe, a girl bumps into me causing me to drop my sketchbook. Some of the papers flew out of it and scattered across the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" the girl said in an apologetic tone.

"You can head back to work, Shelby, I'll take care of it," I hear a familiar voice as I grab my sketchbook off the floor.

I saw Chase quickly grab the papers off the floor as I glance in my sketchbook to make sure nothing was ruined. Once I saw that it was okay, I hug my sketchbook close to my chest as Chase comes over to me with the papers in his hand. He had them neatly stacked and I hope none of them are ruined.

"Here you are. Sorry about my friend, she can be clumsy," Chase said as he hands me my papers. I grab them and stuff them back into my sketchbook. I'm going to have to go through it and put everything back in their correct spots.

"Thanks," I said as I walk by him and I slightly bump into him by accident, but I don't think he noticed. To be honest, I was a little embarrassed.

"Hey, wait!" Chase said and I stop and turn around to find him coming closer to me. "You dropped this."

Chase held out my wolf coin and my heart nearly stops. "Oh, thank you! I don't know what I would've done if I lost this," I said as I take it back and put it in my pocket to make sure it was secure.

"Some neat dog coin ya got there," Chase said. Of course, there's that mistake.

"It's not a dog, it's actually a wolf," I corrected him. "Common mistake."

"Oh... It must be really important to you."

"It is. My father gave it to me," I said.

"I see... So, huh, I'm on my break, you wanna got to the parasaur display?" Chase asks.

"Sure," I say with a small grin and we walk out of the cafe together.

We went over to the parasaur display which was on the other side of the museum and once we got to it, we sat on the bench that was across from the display. I flip through my sketchbook, putting the papers in their correct spot and to also make sure they're not ruined, but everything seems to be in order. As I was going through my sketchbook, Chase was watching me and looking at my sketches since he was looking over my shoulder.

"You have quite some drawings of dinosaurs and they look great. Wanting to become an artist?" Chase asked.

"Probably not," I answered.

"Why not? You're really good!"

"I don't think I'm that great and I don't really know where to get a job that accepts dinosaur drawings," I said.

"Oh... I can find ya a job here if you need one. I'm sure we could use someone with your artistic ability. You can be a really cool designer for some of the displays," Chase offers.

"No need, I already have a job." Yeah, a job I can't tell anyone about or there will be consequences and I can't have my secret coming out.

"Really? What's your job?"

"Oh, just a delivery girl," I lie.

"Cool! Ya get to go all over the city, I reckon!" Chase said all excited. I didn't think being a delivery girl was that exciting...

"Yeah, but it's work I tell ya."

"Chase!" I hear a voice calling out then a boy wearing a green shirt came over to us.

"Hey, Riley. What's up?" Chase asks him.

"We need you back at work. We need you to get these bones out of the truck," the boy said and I couldn't help but feel a little suspicious. It was just his tone that seemed off like he was hiding something and had to come up with something really quick to say considering he was stuttering a little bit.

"Okay. Well, I'll see you later, Storm," Chase said as he stands up, then he went with his friend, leaving me all by myself. I would follow, but I'm sure it's really nothing.

My communicator went off on my wrist and I look around to make sure no one was around. Once I was in the clear, I answered it.

"What's up?" I said into the communicator.

"We got trouble."

"On my way."